Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Back to Knitting Socks

 


I have been knitting another pair of socks with my favorite sock yarn, Austermann.  I love these colors.  I have just finished the heel on the second sock, and should have the pair completed by tomorrow.  I am planning on finishing another sweater, too.

Today I got some support on the phone from Lenovo.  I have an Ideapad that I purchased from them at Costco.  For some reason, my camera app disappeared.  I tried a few techniques from Youtube, then called the help line.  I wasn't able to figure out where it went, but the technician who assisted me was superb.  

I gave her my serial number, and she went into the system and quickly started pushing buttons.  In a minute of two, I saw my reflection on the screen.  I looked amazed and happier than I can ever remember. "You're a genius! I praised her.  "And such a good teacher."  Computers can seem so complex at times.  I thanked her profusely and wrote her an excellent review.

Now I will be able to attend my next Zoom meeting.  I love Zoom.  What have you been up to lately?

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please don't post links.  If you enjoy the articles here, please share them.  Replies may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.

12 comments:

  1. Those socks look good! I checked my winter socks, last week and I have 3 pairs of wool socks I've knitted. They should be enough for me, I think. But, I might knit another couple of pairs for gift giving, I think. Glad you had a helpful tech support person and it was very nice of you to write her a good review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bless, It's nice to have extra socks, in case they start to wear out and need darning. They make wonderful gifts! I have given away wool socks to my friends and family. I am still wearing some of the socks I knit for my mom before she died. She took great care of them.

      Delete
  2. Like you, I've been sock knitting - they are so warm and cosy in the colder weather and there's some lovely yarn available nowadays! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, Joy. It's so rewarding to finish a pair. Winter will be here before we know it.

      Delete
  3. I love that sock yarn. I haven't had any time (or inclination) for crafting recently, but I've just bought myself a lovely ball of wool, with which I think I will knit some wrist warmers.
    I'm glad you managed to get things sorted in time for your zoom meeting. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jules. So do I. It's a relief to have the camera straightened out for Zoom.

      Delete
  4. I'm eyeballing my yarn stash in readiness for a sock knitting session. Do you have a favourite pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cherie, I used a basic pattern on Ravelry by Yuko Frederick. She was my knitting teacher. I rib mine, with a K2P2, because I like the fit. So, it's a bit of a change. The rest is from her, though. It uses a short row heel.

      Delete
  5. I so admire your knitting. I was never able to master this. I teach 1 -2 private yoga classes a week on zoom, and am also part of a meditation group. Zoom was a godsend during lockdowns. I also use facebook messenger for visual calls, it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, ratnamurti. Knitting came very naturally to me, as if I had done it in another life. I have never used the visual call feature for Messenger. Technology is so amazing. Glad you are enjoying it with your yoga, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is always a blessing when you can get help for technical issues. It was nice of you to go to the trouble to give her a positive review. Your socks are lovely. As the recipient of a pair of your socks I can say you have sock knitting down to an art.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sure is, Anita. I try to always give positive reviews to hard working people. She was excellent. I'm so glad you are enjoying your socks. I remember that pair. I hope they last you a long time.

    ReplyDelete