Sunday, January 10, 2021

I Love Kindle Unlimited

 I recently signed up for  a free trial of Kindle Unlimited, and  am absolutely loving it!  It's so convenient to check out the books that interest you from their library, and have them appear immediately on your  Kindle!  Details are at www.Amazon.com.   I've just been devouring books lately.  My mom and dad would be pleased.  They were both avid readers.  I am still using the Kindle that I inherited from my mom.  My dad saved it for me.  She read hers constantly.  She was an invalid before she died, and she always had it in her hand.

Today I zipped through one about living off of dividend stocks.  It was fascinating.  The author told the story of a man who had worked his whole life as a gas station attendant and a janitor.  He invested a portion of his income in dividend paying stocks, and reinvested the dividends.  He built up a net worth  of eight millions dollars,  taking advantage of the power of compound interest.  I was amazed!  He picked quality stocks like:  Johnson and Johnson, Coca Cola, Proctor and Gamble, Mc Donalds, etc...

I made a list of about fifteen of stocks that interest me.  I plan to dollar cost average a certain amount per month, and invest in more of these companies.  I am excited about it.  

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take some time to appear; they are moderated.        

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have discovered a good thing, Stephenie. I love how you constantly review your finances and make improvements. Happy investing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I am very interested in personal finance. I find the topic fascinating.

      Delete
  2. I will have to investigate Kindle Unlimited. I love my Kindle also. I am on my second one having left my circa 2010 model on an airplane by mistake. I think got my current one around 2013. Good luck with your investments. Taking care of your investments can almost be a full time job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, Kindle Unlimited is really great; I love it. I also like the no-contact aspect of it, since I normally check out books from our local library.

      Delete
  3. I have an amazon australia kindle. It just will not work. A friend also got one - he ended up buying an ipad and using that instead. So frustrating as I have no kindle books. Fascinating story you have been reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's too, bad, ratnamurti. They should replace it. How frustrating. Sometimes I read the books on my desktop. I like the large screen.

      Delete
  4. We will all be coming to you for financial advice ;-)

    ReplyDelete