Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Snow Covered Cabins


 The recent  blanket of snow that we received made all of the local homes and cabins look so Christmasy and peaceful.  We live among all kinds of wildlife:  deer, mountain lions, big horned sheep, raccoons, bobcats, and woodpeckers.  It's such a special setting.  I love it.

Last night I received a phone call from one of my close dancer friends who I sent a check to...she was so enthusiastic and appreciative of the gift.  It feels good to be sending donations to people that I know directly.  (That way I am not concerned about how much of the balance is eaten up by fees.) 

I picked lots of fruit yesterday.  The Navel Orange tree had nearly forty oranges on it. They are so sweet and delicious.  I stripped it entirely, and  shared some of them with my neighbor.  The Algerian Tangerine tree in the potager garden is also loaded.  Citrus grow so well here.  

I got my laundry done, it's drying in the sunshine, and I am busily cleaning the house.  All of the Christmas decorations have been put away until next year.  I made a batch of chicken enchiladas, and will toss a salad to enjoy with it.  I found out that Vons opens at 6:00 a.m. I went there early this morning and got my grocery shopping done.  What have you been up to lately? 

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take some time to appear; they are moderated.      

16 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that looks beautiful. Lucky you to live somewhere so gorgeous and it's nice that you very clearly appreciate being surrounded by such beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cherie. I am very fortunate to own this lovely land and cabin. It's so pretty here this time of year.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you've been busy, Stephenie. I haven't been doing a lot. Taking it easy due to asthma flare ups, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bless, I'm sorry to hear that your asthma is flaring. I hope it calms down and that you feel better soon.

      Delete
  3. With national lockdown having started again today, we have only managed a short walk and its FREEZING outside. We were glad to get back home. Just relaxing with a hot cuppa now.
    Another lovely snowy photo Stephenie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, PP. It's gorgeous up here when it snows. I love it. I hope you are warm and comfortable at home.

      Delete
  4. Our Meyer lemon tree, in a pot, has about 10 beautiful lemons that are almost ready. Steve has been hinting very broadly for lemon meringue pie. His typical hint is "If I were a pie, I would be lemon meringue pie". Not to subtle. I envy your oranges. Things just move the same here day after day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds delicious, Anita. It sounds like Steve appreciates your baking. I just picked the first Meyer lemon off my tree. The Algerian tangerines are ready to harvest, too. You could probably grow oranges easily there. They are divine!

      Delete
  5. Sounds so idyllic. Looks so beautiful. I lived in a mountain range for a year, and loved it so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the mountains, too, ratnamurti. I feel so lucky to have this land. The snow makes it so beautiful.

      Delete
  6. You are so blessed to have all that citrus in your yard. It is neat you can see snow at one home, and none at your other home! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have the best of both worlds, Andrea. It's a striking contrast. The citrus are heavy feeders. As long as I keep them mulched, watered, and fed with compost four times a year, they produce very well. They like this climate.

      Delete
  7. It looks so pretty there in the snow. We just have frost and ice here. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's beautiful, Jules. Most of it has melted now. I love how clean everything feels after a fresh snowfall.

      Delete
  8. Looks so cozy and frosty!

    Hope you are well.

    X Chy

    ReplyDelete