Thursday, August 5, 2021

Sleeping Under the Stars, Walking Barefoot on the Grass, and Stepping on Wet Rocks

 


I have been implementing more of my favorite naturopath remedies and habits over the past week.    I have to say that the results are incredible!   A lot of these behaviors are things that many of us did naturally, as children.  

 As a little girl, I always wanted to sleep outside on the chaise lounges with my best friend.  I regularly  spent the night at her charming  home in Hillsborough, California.  It was surrounded by oak trees, and there was an abundance of wildlife in the area.  Raccoons, mountain lions, deer, and squirrels were frequent visitors.   We agreed to camp outside one night, placing our sleeping bags on her family's plush, redwood lawn furniture.  I loved it, the sound of the crickets, the fresh night air, and the excitement,  but  Karen decided that she wanted to go back inside, and sleep in her own bed.   She ignored my begging, and  I reluctantly followed.  I didn't want to get eaten by a wild animal, and was too afraid to stay out on her deck alone.  

Nudity is also an element of what some of the naturopaths teach.  In Europe, people are relaxed and comfortable with using the sauna, whirlpool, and cold plunge naked.  Sunbathing in the nude can be incredibly liberating, but you need privacy.  (or to be in a country where it is considered acceptable.)  Some balconies are built in such a way where you can't be seen.  They look like boats, and are usually upstairs, away from prying eyes.

When I was in Vienna with "42nd Street," I loved to visit Krapenwald, an outdoor swimming pool set in a gorgeous lawn, with my show friends.  The place was filled with swanky people, all very beautiful and chic.  It felt like a resort.  The women sunbathed topless, and the pool was surrounded by the enchanting Vienna Woods.  I remember watching some of the women, (who looked like models,) drinking buttermilk from slender milk cartons.  It was very popular with them.  Their bodies were smooth, feminine, and sleek.

The last time I was in Malibu, I pulled over to the side of Pacific Coast Highway, and climbed down on the large, black rocks that were stacked on the shoreline.  Lula and I listened to the waves crashing and absorbed the salty air on our skin.  It was hypnotic.  I swear the energy from those rocks charged me up in a way that I've never felt before in  my life.  They were huge, and felt like vast storehouses of life force energy.  

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Joy. Yes, they are. It's fun to look back at the pictures and read the journals.

      Delete
  2. Nature can be very healing I think. I love to watch the stars in the night sky, walk in woods when the trees are in full leaf, and I love to hear and smell the sea. I've never felt comfortable naked in public though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PP, That's your choice. It's important to feel comfortable. Some people love the freedom of skinny dipping or sunbathing without a suit. It all depends on the individual and the circumstances. It sounds like you already connect with nature on many levels.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing your wonderful memories, greetings from anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first, when I read your post title, I thought you had gone camping! :) Although, I suppose one really doesn't need to go camping to do any of those activities. I enjoyed reading about your memories of sleeping under the stars; when I was a child, I slept under mosquito netting! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I'm glamping up at the cabin, Bless. I guess many people in the world sleep like you did as a child.

      Delete
  5. I try to walk in the grass barefoot every morning, just to connect with the earth and start my day off right. Thank you for the memories. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have lovely memories. My mother's mother was a big believer in the joy of nudity. It did not pass down through to my mom though! Being outside is a big part of my daily routine. And luckily, I live in an area where I am able to keep the doors and windows open almost year round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, Anita. It makes such a difference to breathe in the fresh mountain air. I know you live near the ocean, and that breeze is heavenly.

      Delete
  7. Are you running around the garden in the nuddy now???? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's really great to be able to enjoy nature and naturalistic endeavors. We have a large sparse of naruristic beach which is a nude beach where I live in Florida. Although it is directly across from where I live, I have never gone nude there. I do walk on the beach but I'm in my bathing suit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How great to be right at the beach, judee.

    ReplyDelete