Wednesday, November 3, 2021

I Felt Safer on the NCL's Ship as a Solo Senior Female Traveler

 


One thing I noticed right away was that I relaxed and felt secure.   At home, I carry so many items with my everywhere I go: a rod iron bar, pepper spray, and a portable alarm.  Once I had arrived in my room, I breathed a sigh of relief and let down my guard.

My balcony room had a double lock.  You can set an electric sign from inside that says "Do Not Disturb" or "Please Make Up Room".  I used  them both regularly.  Everyone on the ship seemed happy to be there.   Boundaries were respected, and  my neighbors were quiet and considerate.  It was easy to  sleep soundly and peacefully through the night.  The beds were incredibly comfortable;  the white sheets and towels felt crisp, clean and new.  

I thoroughly enjoyed the production of "Six," which was fabulous!  The choreography was efficient and clever, and the women were powerhouses of talent and strength.  Since the ship was sailing at half capacity, it was easy to have space between our seats.   I wore my mask.  They even have a cup holder in the arm rest for your drink, if you desire a sparkling glass of wine during the performance. 

I spent a lot of time watching the live bands on board, inside and outside, by the pool   Familiar Strangers was my favorite.  I sang backup to Aretha Franklin's "Respect" from my seat.  Their sets were thrilling.  The lead singer and drummer/singer both blew my mind!  The bands were all incredibly tight.  I loved the discipline of the musicians.  

The dapper man in the photo above  is Jack.  We are at my favorite waterfront Mexican restaurant onboard, Los Lobos.  He is the capable Theatrical Operations Manager on the Norwegian Bliss.  Isn't he handsome?

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.



13 comments:

  1. I'm glad you felt safe, Stephenie. That is a big plus when we travel, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet that was a lovely welcome break after the dreadful year we've all had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was marvelous, Cherie. They really spoiled me. I just love being out on the water; it's so relaxing.

      Delete
  3. Your buddy exhibits a lively personality in that picture. The shows and entertainment sound wonderful. And I love your earrings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anita. He works with a close friend of mine. They are all so talented. I met so many great people on that cruise...

      Delete
  4. I'm so pleased for you that you had a wonderful time. It does indeed sound very clean and safe to be onboard and yes your buddy is very attractive😉 Isn't it a relief to do 'normal' things at last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, PP. We had just met. We have a mutual friend who is the VP of Entertainment for NCL. He stopped by for a chat at Los Lobos. It was delightful to have a delicious meal on the water.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh what a wonderful thing to do. You look really happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, ratnamurti. I was elated to be there. It was such a thrilling experience. They gave me the royal treatment.

      Delete
  7. hi there I was wondering if you happen to have any info on how i can find out about the band Familiar Strangers I just got back 4/10/22 from the Norweigian bliss and that band especially the female singer i think her name is Tina was so good. Wish I would of asked if shes always on the Bliss n future cruises that band made my cruise so so good did you happen to get web site or info? pls email Carriequeen1@verizon.net if you have any information Ty in advance

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved that band. I think they are always on The Bliss. The singer was amazing!

    ReplyDelete