Sunday, November 7, 2021

Staying on the Ship When in Port

 


Normally when the cruise ship docks, I am eager to get off and explore the city.  On this last cruise, I did what my mom used to do on the last  port day in Mexico.  I stayed on the ship.  She loved how empty it was.  There is plenty of space in the restaurants, at the pool, etc.  You feel like you have the whole place to yourself. 

First, I climbed into the jacuzzi that was a deck above the pool.  The view and the sunshine were warm and welcoming.  Once my body had warmed up, I walked down the steps to the pool and swam  lap after lap.  I got into a hypnotic rhythm.  

The salt water pool on The Norwegian Bliss was amazing.  At first I assumed it was a regular chlorinated pool.  Once I slipped into the bright, blue, clean water,  and detected its buoyancy, I felt super excited. I realized that it was salt water.  For me there is  a healing difference from pure chlorine.  I was the only one in the  pool  at 9:00 a.m.  My own personal lifeguard magically appeared.  He was friendly and fit.  In the afternoons there were usually several people wading and cooling off in the pool.  I took advantage of having the space to swim laps.  It felt like the perfect workout and relaxation combination.

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.  

  

12 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful, Stephenie. How nice to have the ship more or less to yourself! Friends of mine just returned from a cruise, themselves, and by all accounts, they, too, had a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a relaxing week, Bless. I loved it. Glad to hear that your friends enjoyed their vacation, too.

      Delete
  2. It sounds blissful, Stephenie. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jules. It was. We had amazing weather. The ocean was like bath water.

      Delete
  3. That sounds like a wonderful end to a holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fabulous, Cherie. I swam in the salt water pool every morning. It was something I really looked forward to doing.

      Delete
  4. It sounds like you had the perfect last shipboard day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Christina. The Norwegian Bliss is blissful. It was so relaxing to be on it for a whole week...

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fantastic that you are doing this. I love the way that you do so many interesting things with your life xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been on a cruise before... not sure if I'd like to though. Part of me does (just to experience it), and the other doesn't (the part that is afraid of it going down- the same one that doesn't like to fly)

    I love it when places are pretty empty. I always like to go anywhere early in the morning before the rush, whether it's the grocery store, the shopping mall, the beach, hiking... even when I go to a gathering. I think maybe I just don't like crowds. (I don't do Black Friday shopping- it is the worst for me)

    ReplyDelete