Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Back From Europe!

 


Hello Everyone!  I'm sorry that I haven't posted in so long.  I was on holiday in Europe.  We had an amazing time.  I went to Mallorca for my friend Rich's destination wedding.  It was glorious!  Here we are at the party after the ceremony.  We were dance captains together thirty years ago at Theater des Westens in Berlin, Germany.  The show was Anything Goes.


Since I was traveling all the way from America, I decided to stay a while, and booked a cruise on NCL.  It began in Barcelona, went through Spain, Portugal, Luxemburg, France, and ended in London.  This was my first time there.  What a spectacular city!  I stayed at the impressive Hotel 41.  My friend Sara and I met up a couple of times.  She and I danced together at MGM.  Here we are at The Ivy.


This is sweet Caroline.  We met on the Catamaran and became fast friends.  Everyone wore white to the party and we danced for hours.  

It was exciting to travel abroad after all of the Covid challenges.  The entire trip went very smoothly.  A negative Covid test was required to enter Spain.  It had to be take within 48 hours of leaving home, and also to get back to the USA.  To my relief, I passed it both times.  

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please reply in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.  

20 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Sounds like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bless. I did! Europe always amazes me. I feel so at home there.

      Delete
  2. What lovely photos of you and your friends. So nice to renew memories of times past and explore new destinations. I remember spending a couple months in London and traveling on the Bullet Train alone to Paris for a week. Isn't foreign travel exciting and educational. So glad your travels and events went well and you are home safely. Now, time to rest!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anon, Yes, foreign travel is both of those things. The photos are fun to look back on and remember. Your trip sounds exciting. I haven't ridden the Bullet Train yet.

      Delete
  3. Wow! Gorgeous smiles and gorgeous scenery. Happy to hear you were able to enjoy the trip and see some sights. Also, welcome home 💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. LL. It is good to be home. The weather and company were perfect. I met so many inspiring and talented people.

      Delete
  4. I was just thinking how I hadn't seen a post from you in a while, so it is so good to hear from you. It looks like you enjoyed a fabulous time and I'm looking forward to hearing more about your trip. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jules. I will be posting regularly again. Back to twice a week. It is great to hear from you, too.

      Delete
  5. Wow, you look amazing in the gold dress. Isn't it wonderful to be able to travel and enjoy a friend's wedding. Did you take lot's of photo's that you can share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that dress, Cherie. Thank you. I bought it at Alice's Vintage Cottage in Wrightwood. She finds such treasures. It's fun to bring them back to life and wear them. I took many, many photos that I will be posting on the blog. Yes, it was thrilling to travel overseas again.

      Delete
  6. This looks like a fabulous holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, Christina. I decided to make the most of being over there and splurged on some fantastic hotels and tours. I planned it all during the lockdown. Prices really were appealing at that time. It pays to book way in advance.

      Delete
  7. Welcome home! I am looking forward to seeing more pictures and reading more about your travels. I peeked into the lobby of Hotel 41 many years ago and it looked just beautiful and so very English!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anita. Hotel 41 is spectacular! I took several photos of my gorgeous room. I will share them here in future posts.

      Delete
  8. Hello, how are you, what a good trip you did, congratulations, I always stopped by to visit and I didn't see you, now I know you were on vacation. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Geovanna, Thanks for letting me know. Yes, I am back. So glad that you are enjoying the blog.

      Delete
  9. Hi, I think I just noticed why my comments go through anonymous! Silly me. This should go through with my name. I wrote about the Bullet Train. Live and learn what we do wrong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, Which blog is the bullet train on...I couldn't find it. Glad you are now listed as Mary and not anonymous.

      Delete
  10. You look beautiful in all the photos and the trip looks like perfect fun! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea. The women in Europe inspired me. Everyone was so beautifully dressed and groomed. The hotels were spectacular.

      Delete