Monday, June 6, 2022

Why I Loved Cruising on NCL's Norwegian Star

 


Quite often I read articles written by first time cruisers on why they don't enjoy cruising.  I, on the other hand, absolutely love it!  My most recent cruise was from Barcelona to London on the Norwegian Star.  This photo was taken from my balcony.   I love to sit outside and gaze at the water.  It is so relaxing and mesmerizing.  It puts me in a trance.  Chores and responsibilities seem so very far away...

I love the fact that once I have unpacked, my work is done.  I can just enjoy the delicious food, entertainment, people and scenery.  I feel like I get so much more for my money when cruising.  The chefs on the Star were exceptional.  I was highly impressed with every meal that I had.  Because I booked my travel during the height of Covid, I got some excellent deals.  I was afraid that the journey might be canceled, but everything went as planned.  I bought travel and Covid insurance, just in case.  Our ship was only sailing at half capacity, so it wasn't crowded.  It was easy to get a lounge chair at the pool, find a seat in the bars, and quickly be sat at a table in the fantastic restaurants.  


To my delight I received a letter stating that I could enjoy my breakfast and lunch in the restaurant that is usually reserved for The Haven guests, only.  That was such a fantastic and unexpected perk!  The specialty restaurants are my favorite, especially Cagney's Steakhouse.  Basically, I was given two first class meals per day.  I felt so spoiled and pampered.  I even splurged for a massage, which was excellent.

Cruising suits my personality because travelers are so friendly.  I made friends wherever I went.  The staff went out of their way to make the trip exceptional.  I find it a wonderful way to travel solo.  You can have privacy if you want, or can join in on group activities when you feel like being social.  

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please answer in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.


8 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed it. My sister loves to cruise, but, I'm a homebody!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love both, Bless. My dad didn't enjoy traveling, either. It is quite an effort right now, with all of the requirements. It was totally worth it to me, though.

      Delete
  2. It sounds lovely. Was this very recent? How interesting that you were so close to me - did you have time in London?
    I've always thought cruises were not really for singles but you seem to enjoy it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joy, Yes, I was just there. I was in London the week before the Jubilee. I loved that city! Cruising is now attracting a lot of singles. They are even designing solo cabins and get togethers for solo travelers.

      Delete
  3. That sounds such a lovely cruise and I'm so happy for you that you enjoyed it so much. I'm afraid that I'm one of those who can't go cruising because I get so seasick although I love to read about other's trips on the cruise ships. My brother goes on at least 2 cruises a year and he's fine with it. I see the world through his travels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun, PP. I got seasick on my first cruise, too. It was dreadful. We were in five hurricanes, though. Most of the people I met on the ship take at least a couple of cruises a year, like your brother. It's fun to look forward to the trip.

      Delete
  4. We are fans of cruising as well. Our trips are on much smaller ships though. What a treat to have a massage! Keep those pictures coming!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, Yes, the massage was fabulous. I was on a smaller ship this time, and I really liked it. Not as small as yours, though. They give me priority boarding, so I don't have to stand in line. That makes a huge difference. More photos are on the way...

      Delete