Friday, June 10, 2022

Eating Out While On Vacation


As most of you know, I normally cook all of my meals at home.  I wait until I am traveling to splurge on restaurants.  Europe was no exception.  These photos are from Hotel Can Bordoy in Mallorca.  The food that they served was divine!  The dessert above was my absolute favorite.  It's called a Pavlova.  It tasted absolutely heavenly.


This is the gate that leads to the pool area.  The garden was so lush and colorful.  It inspired me to continue to develop my outdoor living spaces at home.  There is nothing like dining al fresco.  The flowers, birds and fresh air gave each meal such a delightful ambiance.


I went to the beach every day.  The water there is so clean and clear.  It feels incredibly healing.  I love contrast of the rocks against the Mediterranean Sea.  Mallorca really is a spectacular and magical island.  

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but replies with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Answers may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.  


















































12 comments:

  1. Your holiday sounds amazing. Downunder (Australia and New Zealand), there is friendly rivalry between our two countries as to which one "owns" pavlova. Being from New Zealand... yep, it's us......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ratnamurti, It was; thanks. They told me in Mallorca that it was an Eastern European dessert. How funny. It is incredibly delicious.

      Delete
  2. Your trip sounds heavenly and I totally agree about eating al fresco. Everything tastes so much nicer. I bet you could develop a really beautiful outside space in your warm climate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, Cherie. I have a lovely patio dining area in front of the cottage that is perfect for meals, tea and coffee. Up at the cabin, I eat in the forest. Your garden looks ideal for meals, too.

      Delete
  3. Yum! That dessert looks delicious and that garden looks so green and lush!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE pavlova and it's my second choice if it's on the menu - fresh fruit salad is my first.
    It all looks fabulous and I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, too, Joy. I have never seen it on a menu in America. They also had a banana dessert with toffee and ice cream that was amazing.

      Delete
  5. Pavlova is my very favorite dessert. I have never been to Mallorca. It looks just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's mine, now, too, Anita. Mallorca is a short flight from London. I think you would love it there. It's a popular vacation spot with the Europeans, especially the Germans. I met a woman from London on my flight. She now lives in CA, but she still visits Mallorca once a year. Her family owns a small apartment there, and they keep an older car in the driveway for getting around town.

      Delete
  6. Majorca is a beautiful island. That pavlova looks delicious! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is, Jules. The pavlova was incredibly delicious. I will never forget it.

      Delete