Thursday, June 16, 2022

Hotel 41 in London: A Posh and Elegant Experience

 


After reading the rave reviews about Hotel 41 on Trip Advisor, I decided to splurge and book a room for three nights.  I was not disappointed.  The hotel oozes charm, elegance and class.  It was a very luxurious and rewarding experience.  Located right across the street from Buckingham Palace, my daily walks were inspiring and filled with lush greenery.


The decor was tasteful and impressive.  I loved the detail.  There was a tray of scrumptious petite fours on this table to welcome me.  I was also given a complimentary glass of champagne when I arrived.  It was served in the Executive Lounge.  I asked to have a cappuccino instead, and they agreed.  It was the best one that I have ever had!  Their hotel logo was inscripted with powdered chocolate in the frothy milk.  The attention to detail at this hotel is superb, as is the food.  I bought breakfast there, as it was so comfortable to just walk down the hall from my room each morning.  The complimentary tea and scones each afternoon were delightful.  I looked forward to them.


After being on a cruise ship for nine nights, it was wonderful to have a bathtub again.  I did enjoy the jacuzzi tub in the sunshine while on the Norwegian Star, though.  I felt inspired by the decor at Hotel 41.  They had a delicious buffet in the late evening which I unfortunately missed the first two nights.  The first time I fell asleep, and the second night I met friends at The Ivy.   On my last day there, I enjoyed it immensely.  They served a hearty shepherd's pie, salad, vegetables, other items, and small desserts.  Next time I will eat there each night, since it is included in the room price.   The food was divine!

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please reply in English.  Those with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.  


11 comments:

  1. You make a great travel writer Stephenie. I'm going to check out that hotel and see whether a few days break later in the year would be good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you really enjoyed your stay at the hotel, Stephenie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds beautiful there, Stephenie. I'm also going to check out the hotel now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you go, Jules. It is a spectacular place to stay.

      Delete
  4. The hotel sounds wonderful. It sounds strange to say this but I've only ever visited London once and that was for a theatre show. I was on a coach trip so didn't stay the night. I doubt now if I will ever make it again. Glad you had a lovely trip :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That doesn't sound strange to me, PP. The theatre scene in London is wonderful. Next time I go I would like to see a show. I hope you get to visit again someday.

      Delete
  5. The hotel is lovely. I love the bathroom! I can't wait for more stories about your European adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved it, too, Anita. More coming...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've made a mental note of the hotel and will look it up. It sounds just the sort of thing for a real treat. After reading your account, I really fancy a stay in London. Given I live so close to our capital city, I ought to explore a bit more - was planning to, in fact, before lockdown.
    I'm so glad you love London so much and I'm looking forward to hearing about the rest of your adventures. xx

    ReplyDelete