Monday, June 13, 2022

My First Time in London


 After cruising for nine nights from Barcelona to Southhampton, I spent three fabulous days and nights in London.  What a spectacular city!  I am in love with that place.  The people, architecture, shopping and gardens absolutely thrilled me.  


My friend Sara and I took photos in this gorgeous art deco bathroom at The Ivy.  I love those pink marble sinks.  It reminded me of old San Francisco in so many ways.  My grandparents had majectic grey marble steps leading up to their 1920's house on Taraval Street.  I was always in awe as I walked up them to their stately front door.   



 I found this charming rose cafe near Hotel 41, where I was staying.  I  stopped in for a cup of tea.  Don't you just love the decor!   It reminded me of my cottage in LA.  Some of my ancestors are from England, and I really felt at home there.  It was as if I was connecting to my roots and style.  


This is the magical view from my hotel window at sunset.  It took my breath away; it was such a lovely scene.  The hotel itself was absolutely gorgeous.  I will post more photos of Hotel 41 in future posts.  

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please reply in English.  I'm sorry but posts with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the articles here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated. 


10 comments:

  1. It is a lovely city, isn't it? I've been there only a couple of times and the last visit was back in the mid 1980s! I'm sure the place has changed quite a bit since then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is, Bless. I can't wait to return. There is so much to do and see.

      Delete
  2. Like all big cities, London has its darker and less pleasant side, but it's jam packed with interesting places, buildings and history. I'm glad you loved it so much. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gardens were gorgeous, too, Joy. It was a wonderful vacation.

      Delete
  3. I think I need to spend a few days in London.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful pictures. You look so happy! I love strolling through the neighborhoods in London. Looking forward to more photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anita. I have many more photos of London and Europe. It was a blast.

      Delete
  5. London is a very vibrant city these days. I'm hoping to visit again in the summer. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, Jules. I was SO impressed. Am making some watermelon and strawberry tea now that I bought there. Enjoy your visit.

      Delete