Saturday, June 18, 2022

Enthusiastic About London

 


You all seem to be as enthusiastic about London as I am, so here are a few more photos for you.  It is such a pretty city.  I love the combination of the clean streets, lush, mature trees, freshly painted buildings, and charming lamp posts.  After slowly witnessing the deterioration of San Francisco, New York, and Los Angeles, I was greatly impressed with this vibrant and well cared for city.  This is how I it should be, I think.  When I think of our homeless population and the crime problems in America, I cringe.


All of these beautiful sights were within walking distance of my hotel.  As you can see, people were out and about, but it wasn't jam packed.  The weather was glorious, which from what I hear, is unusual.  The people working at Hotel 41 joked that I brought the sunshine with me from California.  You still always need an umbrella.  I did get caught is a rain storm on my last day and returned to my room soaking wet.  It was worth it for a trip to Harrods, though.  Housekeeping helped me dry out my drenched clothes in time to travel the next morning to Mallorca.


This was taken from the bus on my London tour with NCL.  I didn't go inside, but someday I will return and enjoy a meal there.  Some a gorgeous entrance...I was wowed!  I love how theatrical the decor is...it reminds me of old Broadway and the vintage glamour days of Hollywood.

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please reply in English.  Comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.

12 comments:

  1. I am glad you enjoyed London, it can be overwhelming. I going for work next month, not looking forward to the work bit but I have an additional day to explore the neighbourhood. Last time I visited London I did so with four children, so stressful. This time I'll be on my own and I am excited about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds much easier, Christina. I hope you enjoy yourself there.

      Delete
  2. I agree about the lovely and clean streets in London. I love to just stroll the streets there. We stayed at the Ritz in 1993 and it was wonderful. It was part of a package deal with a transatlantic cruise with the old QE2-7 days post cruise at the Ritz and a return home flight on the Concorde. Those were the days! Less than 90 days until we are in London once again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting, Anita! I've always wanted to do that transatlantic cruise myself. I'm sure you are looking forward to your London trip. It sounds like you will avoid the summer crowds.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow! I didn't know about your trip to London. Looks like you had a wonderful time there. Have fun Stephenie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nil. London was fantastic. I hope you had a safe trip to see your family.

      Delete
  4. I wonder if they don't have a homeless population or crime over there or if they do, then, how do they handle them so that the city can be kept so well maintained? And why don't we have similar programs to deal with homelessness and crime over here? I heard that during the recent Summit of the Americas, which was held in Los Angeles, the streets around the Convention Center were cleared of all the homeless encampments, and I wondered where they went/what happened to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I saw, there's no comparison, Bless. Los Angeles used to be so beautiful. It's shocking to see what has happened in many areas.

      Delete
  5. On my last visit, I was very impressed with how London has improved over the years. I'm so glad you enjoyed your time there, I am looking forward to a return visit at the end of summer. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why, Jules. It is such a gorgeous city. Enjoy your vacation there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way that the British have maintained a lot of tradition. It seems to give a continuity to life there. Your trip sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, too, swami ratnamurti saraswati. It was such a wonderful journey. I am so relieved that everything went so smoothly. Flying right now can be a bit challenging.

      Delete