Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Concerts, Ballet, and the Beach

 


I am sorry I haven't blogged in a while.  I have been organizing some important paperwork.  This summer has been filled with wonderful entertainment and nostalgic meetings with old friends from my dancing days.  I have been to see Westside Ballet, (where I taught for decades,) to Los Angeles Ballet, and to the Pasadena Pops for some fabulous concerts and picnics.  It has been a joy and honor to sit at the conductor's table with Larry Blank and his wife, Kaylyn.  We all toured together with "My One and Only" when I was 22.  The music has been thrilling!


I have also made time to drive down to the beach and enjoy the sunshine, crashing waves, and salt water.  There is nothing as therapeutic for me as being near the ocean.  I love to sit on the rocks with the birds and absorb the healing vibrations.


This is PCH. (The famous Pacific Coast Highway.)  It is such a joy to drive down it towards Malibu.  I time the trip so that I am not in traffic.  The landscape is just gorgeous.  I always admire the beach houses as I pass by...and take notice of the athletic surfers.  They are so fit and in shape.

How is your summer going?  

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please reply in English.  I'm sorry, but those with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.  



22 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a busy summer, attending to legal matters, getting together with friends, and enjoying spending some time at the beach. My summer has been relatively quiet and spent close to home, gardening, crocheting, making cards, etc. Not quite as exciting, but, I like quiet joys. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds wonderful, Bless. You also save money that way. Time at home is comforting.

      Delete
  2. So lovely to be close to the coast - watching waves crashing onto the sand and rocks is always an absolute joy for me and so very relaxing too.
    (I hope the legal thing sorts out well for you).
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, Joy. I never tire of the ocean. I love the sound and saltwater spray, as well.

      Delete
  3. Blue skies and beaches.Lovely.Thank you for sharing.Barbarax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and for commenting, Barbara. It's a fabulous location.

      Delete
  4. The Malibú área is a very good place for to stay in holidays. The photographs of this beach are fantastic. Is good to have this holiday time for stay in calm, to have rest, and recover strengh. Have a very good month of August.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, J.S. I'm glad you like them. Wishing you a relaxing August, too. Thank you for reading and for commenting here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic time you've been having. :-) Great memories. I love being by the sea. I'm closer to harbour beaches, but I especially love the ocean ones. Our west coast beaches can be quite wild and are great surfing spots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Ratnamurti. It's so fun to watch the surfers. Riding the bike along the beach in this area is a blast, too. We've also been swimming and kayaking regularly at the local lakes. Glad you are enjoying the ocean on your side of te world, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like you've been keeping busy! But it's good to hear from you, Stephenie.
    Your views are stunning. It has been a while since I was last at the seaside, so I need to rectify that very soon. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jules. Yes, it has been a fantastic summer. I hope you make it to the beach soon...

      Delete
  9. What a beautiful summer you are having, Stephenie, I think I would be admiring the fit surfers too! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PP, Good to hear from you again. It has been gorgeous out there.

      Delete
  10. We drive to the beach several times each year to have lunch and enjoy the surf. I agree about the surfers being so much fun to watch. Both our sons were surfers in the day and I have fond memories of boards and wetsuits cluttering the yard. Our summer has been lovely with nice temperatures and a yard full of butterflies, lizards, and bees to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure your sons loved growing up that way, Anita. Your garden sounds vibrant and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Stephenie, checking in with you to see if you are doing OK with the rain from the tropical storm Hilary and the earthquake. I lost power a couple of times, but, otherwise, things were OK. Hope you are doing OK, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bless, Thank you. All is well. It was much milder than I expected. I'm sure you were prepared for power outages. Glad to hear that you are okay.

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Thanks, Jan. It's a gorgeous spot to take photos.

      Delete
  14. I bet you see some stunning sunsets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the mountains in that area are just beautiful.

      Delete