Thursday, May 16, 2024

Back Home From Alaska

 


Hello again!  I returned from a gorgeous coastal cruise on Oceania’s Regatta earlier this week.  We embarked in LA,  headed up the coast through Oregon, and finished in Vancouver, BC.


Cruising under the Golden Gate Bridge was a highlight of the trip.  I woke up early, at 5:00 a.m., so that I wouldn’t miss it.  I took a tour of the city, and saw sights that I had never seen, although I grew up twenty miles from there.  


Alaska, as always, was a gem.  The views and atmosphere were  spectacular.  There is such a nurturing and special feeling in the air; it feels untouched by civilization.  I enjoyed a couple of kayaking expeditions with my fellow travelers.  Each day was exciting and new.  The food on Oceania was superb.

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please reply in English.  I’m sorry, but those with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.

6 comments:

  1. It all sounds absolutely wonderful. Welcome home. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to more pictures and stories from your cruise. San Francisco is one of my favorite cities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a wonderful time, Stephenie! I'd love to see the Golden Gate Bridge as I'm currently into my sixth Armistead Maupin Tales from the City novel! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful time you must have had.

    ReplyDelete