Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Making Friends on an Oceania Cruise

 


My recent coastal cruise from Los Angeles to Vancouver was the first time I was onboard on the Oceania line.  It will certainly will not be my last, I loved it! The are known for their fine cuisine, and I was thoroughly impressed.  There were only five hundred people on the Regatta, our gorgeous vessel.


I stopped by my favorite Alpaca store in Juneau, Alaska.  I splurged on a red alpaca cape, and a white alpaca hat.  I wear the grey cape and rust hat that I purchased there in 2022 every day up in the mountains of Wrightwood..  I love the quality and style of these pieces.  They remind me of Old Hollywood.  The women who work there are very sweet and helpful.  


Catherine and I met on day one, and we hit it off immediately.  We enjoyed sitting together with her mom at some of our meals, played ping pong on the deck, and had several long, intimate conversations.  There was definitely a soul connection.  We have kept in touch, and plan to travel together again someday. 


Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please reply in English.  I’m sorry, but those with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.

10 comments:

  1. It all sounds wonderful, Stephenie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is one very warm looking hat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warm and soft, Cherie. I just love it. Especially since they shear the alpacas each year.

      Delete
  3. The cape and hat will certainly keep you toasty this winter. I love the look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anita. I love the styles that they sell there. They are warm and glamorous.

      Delete
  4. Your cape does look so old time Hollywood, you look wonderful in it! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank, Vix. My favorite era...I know you love vintage, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Old Hollywood. Glamour personified. And, it does sound like a great trip xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made my day Ratnamurti. I adore Old Hollywood Glamour. They really knew how to make women look beautiful in those days. I prefer those styles...simple elegance.

      Delete