Thursday, January 4, 2018

Hiking Through the Oak Trees

 
This morning I took a beautiful hike with my dog  through  the picturesque Placerita Canyon. The old oak trees are majestic and wise. Although the Los Angeles sky is usually smoggy, today it was clear and blue. You could see all the way out to the freeway. I love being in the presence of the mountains in this area.


I walked over to this cabin and read about the history of it. I'm hoping to return and  take of tour of the inside of it. I peeked in the windows, and saw an old typewriter, a twin bed with a pink handmade quilt, and some other antiques. It's been used for filming. I'd love to take some photos of the interior. It looked so snug and cozy. The way they had  decorated and restored it was really sweet. It reminds me of my little house.





We walked over to this old oak tree and sat on the bench. I love the energy of oaks. They are so magnificent and wise. Next time I'll pack a lunch and my knitting and spend more time in its presence. Old trees are so healing.

The drive home was scenic and uplifting. There are some gorgeous  homes in the area. Many of the residents in this area work in the movie business. I headed up over the canyon and then made a left on to my street. We made it back to my little cottage in time for lunch. It was a rewarding little day trip, and it cost nothing. I can't wait to return.

Thank you for your comments. Please share any of the posts here that you enjoy.   

16 comments:

  1. You have a lovely place to walk and spend time enjoying Stephenie. I like the idea of sitting under the old oak tree with a packed lunch and knitting. Sounds divine and so peaceful.

    xTania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so, too, Tania. It's just ten miles from my house. I plan to sit there regularly. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  2. What a special place to hike. You have so many different and wonderful natural places relatively close to your cottage. That is real luxury to me.
    Lana must get so excited to have all these different walks...so good for a doggie brain.
    Do you have local area guide books or do you check the web for places to hike?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm very fortunate. This one is so scenic. Lana was bursting with excitement! I know most of the hiking spots by heart. My ex boyfriend was an avid hiker, and we used to go to the best spots on the weekends. I think you would love it, Jill!

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful place, I have always been fascinated with trees, I just love them. Being out and about with Nature is so comforting and healing I find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree, Simple Living. Trees are so special.

      Delete
  4. We would both love a log cabin in the woods with broadband of course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautiful place. You are so lucky to have scenic areas for hiking. Is the weather still warm there? We had several very cold days this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right; we do, Nil. We get sunshine year round. I love this time of year. The temperature drops in the mornings and evenings.

      Delete
  6. I love old trees too, Stephenie. There's something about sitting under an old tree that is quieting and protective. Such a lovely place to walk for you. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true, Meg. I especially love oaks and redwoods.

      Delete
  7. Very stunning views on such a clear day! We have an old adobe home in the reserve that backs up to our neighborhood which is open to the public. The home tragically burned during the Witch Fire of 2007, but has been restored by hard working volunteers. Luckily, being adobe, the basic walls were only singed, but the roof and interior were completely destroyed. It is one of my favorite spots to hike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds fantastic, Anita. California hiking is such a treat. This area has experienced several fires, as well.

      Delete
  8. What beautiful views, it must be so lovely to walk there. The house sounds fascinating, I hope you do get to take some inside pictures xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Cheryl. Yes, the views are beautiful. I'm planning on returning to the cabin.

    ReplyDelete