Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Appreciating Where You Live


As I've been sorting through my old photos, I found these hiking shots from a few years ago. They were taken by my ex boyfriend, when we were  up in Wrightwood, California. The views at Inspiration Point were absolutely spectacular! To me it was like a slice of heaven. It was such a memorable feeling to stand above the clouds.

Gazing at these shots has made me realize how fortunate I am to own a cottage in California. When I read about the snow and ice in the rest of the world, it makes me greatly appreciate all that  I have. Since both of my hips have been replaced, I am very thankful that I don't have to worry about slipping on the ice during the cold weather. I did that once when I lived in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Although I was only in my thirties, it was a challenging recovery to heal the the torn ligaments in both of my knees. Fortunately, with Bikram yoga, they got back to 100 percent. I was able to land an audition in Las Vegas at MGM about four weeks after the fall. That still amazes me.


The hiking trails in this area are some of the most beautiful in Los Angeles. It takes about an hour and a half  to get to this location. It is so worth it! I always felt like we were on vacation when we visited. We would hike through the mountains, and then stop at a rustic restaurant for a leisurely lunch. The shops and mountain homes were cheerful and charming. Food always tasted so delicious after walking those trails.  The air was so crisp and fresh!

The mountains have always had a magical effect on my psyche. There is something so uplifting and spiritual about them. I have always dreamed of living in a cabin in the woods, in an area like this one. All of those pine trees in a group possess  a collective spiritual energy. I can't wait to return to this place. There should be snow up there now. When I return I will take more photos.

Thank you for your comments. I read each one of them, and appreciate your time. If you enjoy the articles here, please share them. Please leave comments in English.    

4 comments:

  1. You are 100% correct! Wrightwood is just beautiful-with or without snow! I haven't been up there in years and now I feel to urge for a trip. Yes, we are lucky to live in California. It is my home and I will never leave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anita, Let's meet there and knit! Wouldn't that be fun? It's such a special place. I love California, too.

    ReplyDelete