Sunday, February 11, 2018

New Knitting Projects in the Works


I've been busy working on a couple of new knitting pieces. I finished the first of the Scatterby Sock pattern. I just love it! It fits perfectly. I did mine on a US size 1 needle, using dpn's. It's a snug fitting sock, and I love the look and feel of the texture. This is the first time I have attempted a patterned sock. There's no stopping me now! I plan to do more in the future. Soon I will try a cabled pair of socks.



I also started working on a new shawl. I'm doing  a variation on the The Oaklet Shawl. It will have a wide lace border in blue. I added some thin stripes and a second color. The yarn in Llams Luna. It's absolutely gorgeous, and so soft! I am so excited to get it finished.

When examining what I wear the most regularly, I find I prefer the simple knits.  I choose patterns that have a lot of stockinette stitch, because that's what I find is the most flattering, on my body. I look more at the whole picture, head to toe. I think  like a non knitter when it comes to choosing patterns. I like elegant, high quality knits, without a lot of zig zagging going on. Less is more, in my opinion. I like to see the shape of the body underneath the wool.



Lana and I took a gorgeous hike through the oak trees this morning. We are so lucky to live in an area where we have sunshine nearly every day of the year. I love sitting out on the porch and being close to nature. It's so pleasant to knit, enjoy chatting with my neighbors, and catch up on knitting. It was a little colder today, so I wore my favorite hats and sweaters. I got the floors mopped, and the dusting done. I am continuing to declutter, and I love the feeling the cottage has when it is clean and not overly stuffed with things. You can't put a price on space.   

I am still trying to work out why my downloaded photos are disappearing. It's so strange. I wanted you to see the new projects, but they are now showing up in my downloads file.  I will ask a friend of mine who know Windows. I'm sure it's something simple. It always is...

Thank you for your comments. I read them all and appreciate your time and energy. If you enjoy the articles here, please share them.

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've been relaxingly busy. (Did I mention I make up words?). I know a few folks who have been down in your next of the woods lately enjoying that same sunshine. It did make it above freezing today - 35 I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are fortunate to have such mild weather. I like the cold, too.

      Delete
  2. How lovely to have such lovely places to hike so near to you, we could certainly do with some of that sunshine here. I look forward to seeing your shawl when you’ve made it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl. The hiking trails here are amazing. We have miles of car free bike paths, too. The shawl is coming along nicely. It's very soft llama...

      Delete
  3. Stephenie, when downloading photos or files, on most computers the default destination is a folder called 'downloads'. Check C:\Users\your name\downloads . See if you can find your downloaded photos there.
    This happened to me several times until I accidentally found out that all downloaded files are automatically saved in 'downloads'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I'll try that Nil. Thank you so much!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Nil. I tried it, but they are not even there. Just the January ones. Very strange...

      Delete
    3. Hmm that's strange. I hope you will soon find out where they disappear. If I think of something else I will let you know.

      Delete
  4. Did you take your photos on your phone and upload them? I don't save them to my library as I delete them of my phone they disappear off my computer too! Really annoying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I emailed them to my desktop from my mini iPad. I downloaded them from there, but only see downloads through Feb. when I try to upload the to my blog. Thanks for the help. They just seem to be hidden.

      Delete
  5. Can't help with the disappearing pics, would love to have a nice to srroll place close by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deb! Thanks for commenting and following the blog. The views at Towsley Canyon are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete