Friday, September 3, 2021

Putting Things Away After a Remodel

 


The new  flooring is almost done, and it looks spectacular!  I am so happy that I chose the dark oak wood.  It looks very dramatic and impressive.  I am enjoying sweeping and using my new Swifter mop.  The owner gave me a cleaning kit, which was so sweet of him.  I used to be the queen of vacuuming.  

Yesterday afternoon I cleaned the end tables, the antique lamps, and carefully put everything away...it was like moving.  I replaced all the hand knit blankets and shawls.  I get very anxious and irritable when I have my stuff all over the place.  It felt so much better once everything was cleaned and put in its place.

Today I'll be making a trip to the dump to drop off the old throw rugs.  They look like they are about fifty years old.  The house feels so much better with less stuff.  I am going to donate the televisions and stereo system to the Salvation Army.  The seller left them here when she moved.  I use a lot of her stuff, but some of it I need to release to where it is needed.

The new ligt green carpeting feels incredibly squishy and soft.  I absolutely love it.  The old stuff was from the 1970's.  It's amazing how different a home feels with new carpets and floors.  I am excited to vacuum!  There is more work to be done, but it is very rewarding.   I can't wait to go swimming and kayaking again.  

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please write them in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.  

10 comments:

  1. It all sounds so cosy and welcoming. I bet it's a real joy to sit of an evening surrounded by lovely wood and plush carpets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cherie. It is. It's really made a difference in the whole feel of the place. It reminds me of an old hotel.

      Delete
  2. Sounds lovely, Stephenie. Glad you are enjoying your new floors and carpets. :) Hope you'll post some pictures of your rooms once everything is back in place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bless. It's such a relief to have all of the work completed.

      Delete
  3. It all sounds so inviting and perfect for a cabin. I love my dark wood floors, African Black Walnut. I am the same way about things in my surroundings not being the way I like. It is very unsettling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dark wood floors sound gorgeous, Anita. I am getting used to the care. It's more intense than I realized. They look so elegant when they're clean, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds very exciting, Stephenie.

    When do we get to see your new floor? Photos please.... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nil. It is exciting. Home renovations are so worth it, I think.

      Delete
  6. It sounds really lovely and I'm so glad you are pleased. I love a dark wood floor. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I, Joy. It's a challenge to keep it clean, but I'm learning and developing a new routine.

      Delete