Saturday, January 8, 2022

A New German Shepherd

 Today I adopted a young male German Shepherd at one of our local animal shelters.  He is amazing.  He has such a regal presence, and is very aware and observant.  I had forgotten how much I love this breed.  They are the perfect dog for protection and companionship.  He commands respect.  I haven't chosen a name for him yet.  I have tried several. and he doesn't answer to any of them.  Maybe King.  

He has been neutered, microchipped, wormed, vaccinated and given flea treatment.  I was so impressed with all they had done.  They even gave me a collar and leash for him.  He and Lula get along famously. He has already bonded to me.  He came and checked on me when I was soaking in the bathtub.  He gave me a couple of kisses, then went back to his post of guarding the entrance.  He has a wonderful, mature and protective presence.

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please leave replies in English.  I am sorry but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.  

23 comments:

  1. How wonderful, Stephanie! A beautiful adopted soul in your life. I'm sure he is very happy too to have a new, caring home with you.
    MegXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has changed the whole vibe of my home, Meg. He is so elegant and loving.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your new pup! This is the breed my husband would love but I envision a tiny curly haired in my arms pup, so we've got a ways to go to find the middle ground! I love King for a name - very regal.

    X Chy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chy. He is now Jacques. It suits him.

      Delete
    2. Oh I love it! Does suit him well.

      X Chy

      Delete
  3. Awe~ congrats. Adopted dogs are the best. You'll have to share a pix when you get one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will, LL. He's so photogenic! He seems like he was very loved and trained.

      Delete
  4. Oh, how wonderful! German Shepherds are such nice dogs! Two of my cousins have German Shepherds. I'm glad that he and Lula get on well. I hope you find just the right name for him! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bless. I love German Shepherds, too. He is so sweet and loyal.

      Delete
  5. Oh you lucky lady. Tony and I love German Shepherds. They used to be quite popular until rottweilers took over. We'd love some photo's if you have any. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will take some, Cherie. They are my favorite breed. I had always had Shepherds or Shepherd mixes, until Lula. He learns so fast.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations! I look forward to seeing a photo of him in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful! He'll be a good companion for you and Lula. I hope you find a name for him soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is now Jacques, Christina. It fits him perfectly. He is so sensitive and European. (a perfect gentleman.)

      Delete
  8. Your new dog sounds like a wonderful addition to the household. I am eager to learn his name! Hoping for some sweet doggie pictures very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is, Anita. I settled on Jacques. He answered to it right away. The other names he just ignored. I was going to call him Gunther, but it didn't stick.

      Delete
  9. Oh, that is wonderful, Stephenie. I hope you will share some photographs. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. She sure does, Nil. They love playing in the yard together. It's nice that they get along so well.

    ReplyDelete