Sunday, January 30, 2022

Finishing Knitting Projects

 


This week I have been working on my third Carbeth sweater.  The two that I already own are my favorites.  They are so warm and cozy.  One is knit out of an alpaca wool blend, and the other is made  of Icelandic wool.  The warmth, consistency and steadfastness of these pullovers really pleases me.  I also love their solid colors.   They will last for years and years to come.

This time, I'm using some stash yarn that was given to me by a knitter from a knitting group I used to attend.  (She also gave me the grey yarn that I used for the first one.)  The color is taupe.  It's a natural neutral.  I think it will go nicely with the tan alpaca hat that I completed last week.

I had put this project aside for a long while.  I was concerned about running out of yarn.  I realized that if I do, I can shorten the body, and reuse that yarn for the upper chest and neck portion.  Right now I am working on the second sleeve.  It feels fantastic to be knitting a garment again.  I am using wooden dpn's for this section of the pattern.  It's simple, steady knitting.  So satisfying!  

I also finished another hat yesterday.  This one is made out of emerald green llama yarn.  I decided to rip it back and make it a bit bigger.  I found a small ball of extra yarn in my drawer.  It's just enough to add a few more rows, which is what I need.  It's like the one in the above photo.

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please write them in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Your replies may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.  

16 comments:

  1. I love using my bamboo dpn's. They are so much easier to use than the metal ones which simply slip straight out of my knitting. It's nice when the knitting mood hits isn't it. I'm off knitting just lately but have plenty of yarn for when the moods hits again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the wooden ones, too, Cherie. They have soul. I stopped for quite a while, too. I feel happier when I'm knitting. Had forgotten...

      Delete
  2. I love knitting. It is so very satisfying. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great that you are finishing your knitting projects! I have used up the majority of my yarn stash and I don't know what to do! I think I have just enough wool to make myself another pair of socks, but, after that, I'll be on the lookout for a good sale on yarn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bless, It's a wonderful hobby. Webs usually has excellent sales on yarn at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hat is lovely. I was obsessed with knitting cables a few years ago,but haven't felt the urge since then. I also love knitting with bamboo needles. Looking forward to seeing your sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Anita. I like that pattern. It only has one cable row, but looks like something more complex.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Carbeth sweater is by Kate Davies, isn't it? It is a nice sweater, I've seen in on Ravelry. How nice to have sweater quantities of yarn given to you. I hope you have enough of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christina, Yes, it is. It's such a useful sweater. I have enough to make it the ways hers is. I had lengthened mine, but I don't think I have enough yarn to complete it that way. It's an easy fix.

      Delete
  8. I like your hat. :) They are so useful in this weather.

    I crocheted several in 2020 and have been using them now.

    Have a wonderful week, Stephenie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nil. I read that it has been COLD there. Very unusual for Florida...

      Delete
  9. My mother used to crochet and my mother-in-law used to knit. It's wonderful that you are finding so much satisfaction with such a useful project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Judee. It's very productive and meditative. I think ladies in that age group learned to knit and crochet.

      Delete
  10. Your knitting (and soap) projects are fascinating. To wear such lovely creations that you've made....... so special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, ratnamurti. It's very satisfying to wear clothing that you have made.

      Delete