Thursday, October 6, 2022

Do You Get Seasick on Cruises?

 


Normally, I do not get seasick when I am enjoying a cruise.  This last Alaskan trip, however, was an exception.  The second night of our journey we hit some rough seas.  My stomach felt like it was dropping.  "Uh oh," I thought.  Since I had eaten a hearty breakfast and lunch, I skipped dinner and laid flat on my back in my bed.  As long as I was in that position, I didn't feel like I was going to vomit.  I went to bed early, and slept soundly.  


The next morning, I made a beeline for the gift shot and purchased some acupressure wrist bands for motion sickness. I also grabbed a box of medicine for seasickness.  I took one of the tablets as soon as I returned to my room, and placed the bracelets over my pulse points.  The relief was instantaneous!


The next morning, my kind room steward told me that the halls had been empty the previous night.  Apparently, many of the other passengers felt like I did.  The rest of the cruise was smooth sailing on calm waters.  I was still glad that I had bought those remedies, though.  I will pack them with me next time.



How about you? Do you ever get seasick or experience motion sickness on car and train rides?

Thank you for your comments; they add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please reply in English.  Those with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the articles here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.  


8 comments:

  1. I've never been on a cruise but I used to get car sick as a child - not terribly badly though. I'm glad you were able to find remedies and that they worked for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, too, Joy. Yes, the remedies were fast acting and excellent. As kids, we used to just suffer on long car rides and throw up...ugh!

      Delete
  2. I am prone to motion sickness and can't do roller coasters, etc.! But, I never get sick in trains! When I was a little girl and we went on vacations, etc., my father would take the other family members in the car and my mother would take me in the train!
    I hope you are able to post your photos, soon. I enjoyed seeing your earlier photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun, Bless. The photos uploaded no problem this morning. How fun to ride the train with your mom. I even got a bit of motion sickness on the train home from Seattle. It was just brief, while the train was lurching, though.

      Delete
  3. I had no problems with the rough seas as our ship passed through the North Sea to the Atlantic. It the time there was a large storm, so the seas were extra rough per the crew. There were strategically placed sick bags along all the passageways. I do have a huge bruise on my leg though from crashing into a coffee table during a particularly large wave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you didn't get seasick in that storm, Anita. It can really hit you quickly. They canceled the show the night of our storm to protect the performers.

      Delete
  4. As a child I would often suffer from motion sickness in the car. These days, I struggle with travelling on Pendolino trains, so I will usually take anti-sickness medication before my journey. X

    ReplyDelete