Monday, October 3, 2022

Photos From My Alaskan Cruise On NCL

 


I just returned from a glorious Alaskan cruise through the inside passage on the Norwegian Sun.  It was a mysterious and spiritual place.  I could also sense the danger, though.  The area is so remote.  There was something eerie about it.  I read about John Muir's adventures there in the 1800's as we sailed through the landscapes.  I found the book at the ship's library; it was in the trade section.  I always catch up on my reading when cruising.  I finished three books!


These trees looked so healthy and majestic.  All of that rain provides them with plenty of water and nutrients.  I had a balcony room, so I was able to enjoy nonstop views and scenery.  I spent a considerable amount of time up in the observation lounge.  It was the perfect place to relax. I sank into the comfortable couches and enjoy the panoramic views as we glided through the water.  This is also where we had our knitting group.  What a fun group of ladies that was.  We sat together and enjoyed chatting and cappuccinos. 


This is my dinner mate, Angela.  We met in one of the lounges, listening to our favorite onboard band, InOvation.  They were fabulous!  

My friend Richard Ambrose and the General Manager sent some lovely gifts to the room: a large fruit basket, a bottle of wine, and a tray of chocolate covered strawberries.  I felt so spoiled.  Richard is the Vice President of Entertainment. 

Hannah treated me to a dinner for two and a bottle of wine in one of their high-end specialty restaurants.  We wined and dined at Cagney's Steakhouse.  The service was impeccable, and the meal was divine.  too full to finish, I brought the luscious seven-layer chocolate cake back to my room, and enjoyed it for the following two days.  


We started and ended our cruise in Seattle.  This was the view from my balcony.  I took a ride on the Monorail and browsed through the items at Nordstrom's Rack.  


I met with my friend Sherry for dinner at The Mayflower Hotel.  She and I both danced at MGM, and she now resides in Seattle.  We devoured the food at Anacapa.  It was fabulous!  The hotel is an old building from the 1920's that has a lot of charm and character.  

Thank you for your comments; they add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please reply in English.  Links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated. 


14 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely time, Stephenie. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bless. I did. It was a fabulous journey.

      Delete
  2. It was a fantastic cruise and a lot of unforgettable moments for you, congratulations and greetings from Warsaw,anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings from California, Anna. Yes, it was. Thank you. I looked at some gorgeous hand painted pottery from Poland in Junau.

      Delete
  3. What an amazing experience. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jules. It was very memorable. Rates dropped during Covid, so I booked it at that time. There were only 650 passengers on the ship. We had more crew than guests!

      Delete
  4. What a fabulous cruise, it sounds wonderful. My brother loves cruising and has taken a similar journey on more than one occasion. I know I will never get the opportunity to do it so really enjoy seeing your photos. Thank you for sharing them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do get the opportunity somehow, PP. It was a very special location. I will post more photos in upcoming articles. Some of us really love to cruise. Being on the water and waking up in a new place is so thrilling.

      Delete
  5. What a fantastic holiday. Thanks for sharing the photos. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cruise looks amazing! We are just home from ours and it was absolutely perfect. I made a mistake by not taking my knitting (nothing on the needles at the moment) and it was a mistake. A lady commented on my shawl and asked if I knit it. There was a group of women who met each morning to knit, and they were so friendly. I will know better next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, Anita. Welcome home! I left my knitting at home, too. I was afraid TSA would confiscate my needles. I wish I had checked my socks that I'm making in my bag. I had a coffee and chatted with the knitting ladies. Next time...

      Delete
  7. Wow. It sounds wonderful.
    Just the other day I talked with a friend about going on a cruise. If I ever do, I must remember to take my crochet needles and a couple of books. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nil, It was. They had a library on the ship, and I read three books onboard! I stayed off the Internet all week. The library had comfy chairs and huge windows with a gorgeous view of the ocean.

      Delete