Sunday, March 19, 2023

More Snow Photos:Up To My Shoulders

 


The snow has melted, and it has been a relief to relax and recover from all of that shoveling.  The dogs still needed to be walked, and meals had to be cooked.  Teh dishes needed to be done.  

We are expecting two more storms this week.  Most of us learned a lot of lessons from the last time.  I have spent hours bringing in firewood.  Having the wood heater going nonstop makes such a difference.  Wood stoves and fireplace inserts require a lot of logs.  It's time consuming, and you have to be organized. 


This was my deck.  After clearing the path and digging out my cars, I needed to remove the weight of this snow.  It was such a satisfying feeling to clear it.  I had to dig out my gas meter and pipes, too.  People were having explosions due to gas leaks.  It was just a tremendous amount of snow.


This photo really shows how it felt that week.  I started to dig a path out to my firewood pile, but decided against it.  There was too much to do.  The snow on my upstairs balcony was piled up to my head.  Fortunately, it has four spouts that drain it down to the deck, and it melted fairly quickly.  All's well that ends well.

How's the weather where you are?

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please reply in English.  Those with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.  


12 comments:

  1. Here in Northern Alberta, we're enjoying lots of warm and sunny days. Our snow has been low this year and is currently melting away. Looking forward to seeing buds on trees and bushes soon. Keep well! X Chy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How nice, Chy. I am looking forward to Spring, as well. I do love sitting by the fire, though.

      Delete
  2. Oh, my goodness!! And more to come. I really hope it's not so bad and doesn't result in huge accumulations.

    Over here in the UK a bit north of London, it's milding up nicely now with temperatures well above freezing, even at night, although we can get overnight frost right into May. Today it's dull and damp with drizzle/light rain predicted for much of the day. Just a bit boring, really. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That keeps your gardens green and lush, Joy. We had so much drought that any rain is a thrill.

      Delete
  3. My goodness, Stephenie! All that snow! I saw it on the news, of course, but still, your photos really bring it home! I hope the next two storms won't bring quite as much snow! It's rainy, here, and more rain in the forecast. I'll take the rain over snow - I don't have to shovel it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the rain, too, Bless. Glad you haven't experienced any flooding. We'll see how it goes this week...

      Delete
  4. It looks so pretty, but I imagine day after day of clearing it and trying to get out and about is incredibly difficult for you. Today, the weather here is rainy and overcast. I'm looking forward to some warm spring days now. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was challenging, Jules. It melted very quickly, though. I'm looking forward to warmer weather, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is some serious snow! It is surprising though how quickly it can all melt. I hope there was not too much flooding associated with the melt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is, Christina. It is snowing again. We are prepared and sitting by the fire.

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness that is some snow. Lovely warm sunshine here today. Snuggle up by that fire. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Cherie. I bet your garden is enjoying that sunshine. It is getting warmer here, too.

      Delete