Sunday, November 19, 2023

Scones Baked at Home

 


Last week I studied several of Martha Stewarts's scone recipes, and chose one that uses dried cranberries.  The first one that I baked was disappointing.  It was dry and crumbly.  I almost threw out the rest of the dough, but I didn't want to waste it.


I stored the rest of the triangles in a glass container in the fridge  I baked one in the toaster oven each day.  They must have absorbed the heavy whipping cream over time, because they came out very moist and tasty.  I plan to make these regularly.

Are you doing any baking this week?

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please reply in English.  I'm sorry, but those with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated. 

8 comments:

  1. Scones are so delicious. I love cheesy scones too with soft cheese and chutney. Your china is beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, Joy. I bet the cheese and chutney makes them moist. I love pumpkin scones with ginger, nutmeg, and cinnamon.

      Delete
  2. Your scones look delicious. I have had good luck with Martha Stewart recipes in the past. Too bad she stopped publishing her magazine as I loved it. Baking this week will be 2 pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving as well as a couple of batches of cookies for our youngest son who will be visiting for the holiday. By the way-my scone recipe is a modified biscuit/shortcake recipe using Bisquick. I usually add blueberries and lavender to the mix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy those pumpkin pies and cookies, Anita. It's so much fun to bake this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your scone looks delicious! I'm glad the dough kept well and baked up nice and moist afterwards. I will be baking some cornbread for Thanksgiving (I bought my pies) and, of course, the turkey, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Bless. I was really pleased with how the dough changed. Your cornbread sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love scones and don't bake them as often as I should.
    Yours look delicious. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Jules. They were. I love scones, too. They are such a treat!

    ReplyDelete