Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Found A Fabulous Cobbler


 Last week I found an excellent shoe repair, close to the cottage.  I could tell as soon as I walked in the door that Gary was a master.  He dyed and resoled my favorite fur lined winter boots from Alaska.  They look brand new now! 

My hiking boots needed a couple of the hooks replaced.  He sewed on leather straps that will work.  The rest of the shoe was fine.  They are Vibrams, and are very good quality.  Now they won’t feel lopsided when I lace them.

He sewed a buckle back on a pair of high quality sandals I found at  T.J. Maxx.  I had never worn them, since they needed repair.  They had one of those permanent plastic tags on them when I got home.  While cutting it off, I damaged them.

I feel like I have three brand new pair of shoes!  i even purchased some matching shoe polish for my favorite boots, so they don’t get scuffed. It’s made in Germany. 

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please reply in English.  I’m sorry, but those with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.







8 comments:

  1. How delightful that you found a master cobbler, your boots do look brand new and comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what a very useful person/craftsman to find. Good shoes are so very expensive and anyway, when you love a pair of shoes/boots, you want to hang on to them. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, Joy. His work is excellent, and his prices are very reasonable, too.

      Delete
  3. That sounds like a good cobbler. Unfortunately it's usually cheaper to buy new than to repair shoes here in the UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too bad, Cherie. This work was all definitely worth it. Plus, I can't find boots like these in California.

      Delete
  4. Good cobblers are so hard to find these days! Even a not so good cobbler is hard to find! There used to be a cobbler when I worked in downtown and he repaired some shoes and boots for me. I don't know if he is still there; I don't think I've seen any cobbler shops in my area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found this one online, Bless. He is just a few miles from my cottage.

    ReplyDelete