Wednesday, February 7, 2024

A Winter Wonderland in California

 


Hello from snowy California!  I’m sorry I have not been able to answer all of the latest comments.  I have been busy shoveling!  I will respond in the next couple of days.  Heating the cabin with wood takes a lot of time and energy.  I appreciate all of you reading the blog, and I love hearing from you.


As you may have read, we have been experiencing atmospheric rivers in California.  They are amazing and powerful.    I have had many friends call to check on me.  It’s been so much fun to catch up with them.  We received about a foot of rain, and then all of this gorgeous snow.  It just sparkles…


My body is very sore and tired from digging out the cars, and clearing the deck.  We have more snow on the way.  It is lovely to sit by the fire, enjoy a tuna casserole, and sip a cup of rose hips tea.  I wish I could post videos here, because I made a beautiful one during the snowstorm.

How is the weather where you are?

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please reply in English.  I’m sorry, but those with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! I used to list shoveling snow and lugging firewood as exercise when I went for my annual checkup. 😊. It’s a good kind of tired isn’t it 💕. Glad you’re well ~
    Lady Locust

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lady Locust, I agree, it's incredible exercise. Nice to hear from you...

      Delete
  2. It's grey and dreary here in the North of England. I am glad you're ok (and keeping cosy inside!) after seeing the horrible pictures of floods in California on the news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracy, It must be hard to keep your spirits up in the cold, grey weather. Glad you are staying cozy.

      Delete
  3. Oh, wow! Definitely a winter wonderland! How lovely! It's rainy down where I am! But, the garden is enjoying all the rain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bless, I'm sure. It will make all our plants and trees so green for the rest of the year.

      Delete
  4. That looks so pretty Stephenie. Why not create your own YouTube channel and post videos there. I bet it looks beautiful whatever the season

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cherie. I think I will. I am just too busy right now with all of the shoveling and hauling of firewood. It is a gorgeous place.

      Delete
  5. That looks stunningly lovely. It's just dull and wet here, not cold enough to expect any snow. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joy. It is. I hope you get some pretty snow soon where you live.

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful view from the cabin. We have had steady rain for days down here. Rain is so beneficial for the plants. It is expected to clear up by tomorrow and I am really looking forward to seeing the sun again. Stay safe and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! It's a winter wonderland. I'm glad you're keeping safe and warm in your cosy cabin. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jules. It is wonderful inside the cabin. The fire is roaring in the fireplace!

      Delete