Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Downtown Disneyland Yesterday

 


I drove down to Anaheim, California yesterday, to meet up with an old friend from my dancing days.  We toured with the Broadway show, “My One and Only” together.  She was staying at The Holiday Inn.  I was able to book a room there at the last minute and join her.

We took a beautiful stroll to Downtown Disneyland, and enjoyed a delicious meal outdoors.  I splurged on a rich, bacon cheeseburger.  My friend savored a delightful salad with teriyaki chicken.  It was very relaxed outside, and we sat at the bar.  The tiki lights gave it a fire-lit atmosphere.  


I ran into another lovely performer from MGM in the hotel lobby.  She was our leading lady in the show, EFX, at the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas.  Michael Crawford was the star.  He selected me to be her understudy.  We both got chills upon seeing each other again.  It was such a special surprise.

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please reply in English.  I’m sorry, but those with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.


9 comments:

  1. Very nice. And you all look wonderful! andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful; always so nice to catch up with old friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely thing to happen. And I agree with Andrea, you all look amazing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you all look amazing. I haven't been to Disneyland or Downtown Disney in many, many years, but it was so nice when we used to go regularly. What a nice treat for you to see old friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anita. It was a wonderful day and night. Downtown Disney is a beautiful place.

      Delete
  5. Some wonderful photographs, Stephenie. You must have had a great time catching up with your friends. X

    ReplyDelete