Thursday, October 3, 2024

Settling Back Into Cabin Life After the Fire in Wrightwood, California

 


The above photo was taken in blue Iceland.  The nature there is stark and memorable.  The homes are small, simple and uniform.   It gets very cold!  People live very simply and are happy with what they have.  


Speaking of cold, I finished my Nicole Shawl!  It is very warm and cozy.  It will be a lovely wrap to wear in Wrightwood during our cold winters.  It kept me comfortable as a lap blanket on my flight home, too.  I can’t wait to show my knitting teacher and the ladies who helped me on Ravelry.


Norway gives off a fairytale like quality.  The mists made it feel dreamy.  I love that little house on the edge, by the water.  The views from my balcony were breathtaking.


Cruising through the fjords was a spectacular experience!  It was so clear and bright.  We were very fortunate with the weather.  I would love to do this cruise again someday.  It was far more than I had expected, on every level.

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please reply in English.  I’m sorry, but those with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear, they are moderated.

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a lovely time on your cruise. I'm glad your shawl turned out so well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shawl is so very lovely and will keep you snuggly warm. Well done. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shawl is stunning. What a wonderful cruise. I'm so glad you had such a memorable time.

    ReplyDelete