Thursday, June 22, 2017

Knitting Daily


 
I have been working on the cotton cardigan a little bit each day. I am trying not to rush through it. The yarn is gorgeous, and I want to enjoy it. It's a nice pattern, and is very easy to follow. I love the routine of knitting a sweater. Whether it's for a baby or for an adult, the steps are the same. I like how predictable the sequence is. Each step feels familiar.  I prefer to knit sweaters in pieces, so this pattern is right up my alley.Vintage designs are my absolute favorite. They fit the body so well.



I am also working on a pair of socks. I like to consistently have a pair on my knitting needles. Socks are good for technique. I find if I don't keep making them, mine won't match, identically. I need to keep practicing on tiny needles.  It's comforting and relaxing for me to make socks. They are such nice gifts..I decided to get going on some for Christmas presents. Nearly everyone I know loves to receive a pair as a gift. These are made with Austermann Step sock yarn. It's my favorite brand. I wouldn't have chosen this color combination, but I bought ten skeins of this at a good price in a grab bag. The colors are pretty wild. I think they were the ones that didn't sell. Oh well. Someone will like them.



It's been very hot here lately. Last night I ate dinner, did the dishes, and then went out in the backyard to knit. This is the view from my kitchen window. I love the old schoolhouse windows. You rarely see them anymore. Most people would have replaced them, but I like them. Off to the right is my chicken coop. It's made out of recycled French doors and windows.  You can't see it in this photo, but there's a vintage swing hanging where I sit and enjoy nature. I love porch swings. If I lay on my back and swing, I can stare up at a gorgeous old pine tree that is absolutely huge. It makes me feel like I'm in the woods. There's something very soothing about rocking on a porch swing. It feels like a cradle. Sometimes I want to sleep out there.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment