Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Soapmaking Workshop



Next Friday I will be teaching a soapmaking workshop. We will be doing a basic goat's milk recipe, and also learning how to use natural clay as color. We'll  be adding fragrance oils to the soap and using tray molds. These really give the soaps a beautiful shape, scent,  and finish.



Goat's milk is wonderful for  soapmaking. Iit's also delicious in cafe au laits. I have several goats who live across the street from me.  They seem to really enjoy people, and they all have such entertaining personalities. I wish I could have a couple of goats of my own, but they probably would eat everything that I have planted in my backyard orchard.



I'm been enjoying  seeing all of the baby goats that were born a couple of months ago. I visit them every morning on my bike ride and dog walk. There is something about baby farm animals that is so heartwarming. They are so soft and sweet, and they grow so quickly.  I love to watch them frolic and  play. 



If you would like to attend one of my soapmaking workshops, please send me an email. It's a wonderful hobby, and very fulfilling. You not only have something lovely to use for yourself and your family, but you also have a stash of soap for gifts. My family loves to receive soap for Christmas and birthday presents. I bet yours will, too.      

2 comments: