Thursday, December 10, 2020

Enjoying the Sunshine

 Today the sun is out, and I took Lula for a walk through our gorgeous neighborhood.  I returned a couple of DVD's to the library, (which we are so lucky is still open,) and checked out three more to watch at home.  I have been thoroughly enjoying getting lost in movies and Youtube videos again.  It's so relaxing to sit by the fire with sweet Lula at my feet. 

I found out that my friend was released from the hospital.  What a relief!  I've been watching tapes of people who have long term effects from Covid, and it is very educational.  The doctors say that when they perform autopsies, they are finding that the virus is very much like cancer.  It is fascinating.  I have always been interested in biology, dissection, and the body.  

Are you still able to get outside where you are?  I hope that you have friends and family that you can communicate with, and that you don't feel isolated.  I am so thankful for my close friends and co-workers.  I also greatly appreciate you, my blogging buddies and readers.  My phone calls my friends and neighbors are really comforting.  Do you have support?

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.  

18 comments:

  1. That's good news about your friend. I'm able to get out each day for a walk and will continue while the weather is decent. It does me good to chat with my friend as we walk. It must be dreadful to be stuck indoors without a hobby or a friend to chat with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cherie, The walks really make a difference. I have long chats on the phone with old friends. It's very comforting. Have gotten back into knitting again, too.

      Delete
  2. In Perth Western Australia our life is actually very normal. We have not had any community transmission for nearly 9 months. Today I am singing carols at a seniors lunch, with my choir. I know that is remarkably lucky. I am glad you can get to the library. Mine is a lifeline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi emw, The singing sounds like so much fun. I hope things stay that way in Perth for you. Our library is now just doing pick ups outside. It makes sense, given the situation.

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear and you and Lula were able to enjoy the sunshine and go for a walk. Good to hear that your friend was released from the hospital, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bless. I just sent her a card. I hope she continues to improve.

      Delete
  4. That's very good news and I hope and pray that the improvement will continue and she will be back to full strength as quickly as possible.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's wonderful news about your friend. I hope they make a full recovery. I'm also pleased you are still able to get outdoors and enjoy what your surrounding countryside has to offer. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jules. It's been gorgeous. I love gazing at the trees.

      Delete
  6. Wonderful news regarding your friend. Science has learned so much about this virus over the last 9 months. It is fascinating, but so scary. We are staying very close to home right now. Everyone is safe and healthy in our family and we keep in close communication via the phone and text. Our weather is also sunny and clear, but it is starting to be chillier and chillier. We could sure use some rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we sure could, Anita. I think you are wise to stay so close to home. I am doing the same thing. I am trying to stretch out the trips between visits to the grocery store.

      Delete
  7. I am glad your friend is better. If you are interested in the long term effects of Covid, I can recommend this podcast: This Week in Virology, episode 680 from November 12. I thought it was an interesting discussion. We can meet someone from another household outside but still not indoor visits. I meet one friend for walks regularly but haven't seen any other friends for months. It is good to chat with friends. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Christina, Thanks for the link. I will have a listen.

      Delete
  8. I’m so glad to hear your friend had been released from the hospital.

    I’ve read that COVID can cause long term problems in some patients. I’m relieved finally there’s a vaccine.

    More libraries in our area are opening up, but I’m still reading e-books. I didn’t go to the library since February , I think ... I don’t even remember...

    Hope you have a relaxing weekend, Stephenie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you, Nil. I am relieved that there is a vaccine being used now, too. That's smart to stick to ebooks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So good that your friend has been released. I'm in New Zealand, so all of our cases of covid have been from immigration, and our quarantine is strick, so I do know that we are som fortunate here. But we are a family of humanity and I do feel for the whole world with this virus.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hola querida amiga, reciente encontre tu blog y lo sigo, trato de abrirlo cuando estoy en mi hora de almuerzo aqui en mi trabajo. me gusta mucho tus comentarios y me gusta tu lugar donde vives. Soy de Costa Rica y aqui tambien como todo el mundo estamos lidiando con este Covid. Cuidate, te seguire leyendo, Pura Vida ¡¡¡¡

    ReplyDelete