Monday, December 21, 2020

Hearing From Old Friends


 

This afternoon I received an email from my friend who recently had Covid.  She said that she was ready to talk on the phone, even though she is still on oxygen, and asked me when I was available.  I called her right away, and we chatted for quite a while. She filled me in on how her recovery is going.  It's going to be a long, slow process of healing.  She finds it  scary with her oxygen levels, (which she measures at home,) and said that her blood pressure is high.  There is so much that we don't know about this virus.  It is deadly, mysterious and unpredictable.  I was thrilled to hear her voice, though.

She told me that she had received my card and check, and she sounded so grateful.  Like so many people, she lost her job recently, and it will help her.  I feel for her.  She said that I can share her hospital horror story with you, so when I am feeling more energetic after a cup of coffee tomorrow, I'll write it out here.  Right now I'm just too wiped.  It's very shocking to read what she went through; she describes it in detail.  

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.   

  

19 comments:

  1. Poor lady, it sounds terrible. And losing her job on top of all that - very sad.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She plans to use this experience to help others, Joy. She is very talented. I think she'll find another job. She had been hired to work as Mrs. Claus before getting sick.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad to hear that your friend is on the road to recovery. I bet it was a very frightening time for her and her family. That snow picture looks beautiful, is it a recent one. We very rarely have snow these days and it's usually gone in a day or two. I'd love a good thick covering that hung around for a while. The pristine white is so cleansing for the soul. Have a wonderful Christmas Stephenie I do hope that 2021 is a kinder year for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a spot where Lula and I went hiking last year, Cherie. We are expecting snow right after Christmas. This year is supposed to be dryer than last year was.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you were able to speak with your friend and that she is recovering. You are a good friend to send her the card and check, Stephenie; I'm sure she appreciated it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bless. I am happy to help her. She is a wonderful friend.

      Delete
  4. What wonderful news that your friend is feeling stronger. Is she still seeing a doctor regularly or is she on her own to recover? Keeping in touch with friends is so very important. She sounds like a lovely lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Anita. A nurse comes to their home twice a week, and she went to see her doctor in a tent today. They do televisits, as well. She's wonderful.

      Delete
  5. I expect it must have been a huge relief for you to hear from your friend, and I'm sure she would have been very grateful for your thoughtful generosity. I hope she can make a full recovery from this horrible virus. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, too, Jules. It's been very traumatic for her.

      Delete
  6. So heartwarming that your friend is recovering. Who would have thought that our lives would have come to dealing with an insidious silent enemy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I hope so, ratnamurti. She can walk a block now. It is a frightening virus. The doctors couldn't answer many of her questions, because they just don't know.

      Delete
  7. Just catching up~ Glad your friend is feeling better.
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas, LL. Thank you. Hope you have a wonderful holiday.

      Delete
  8. I am so glad she is doing better, but still is in a scary place needing oxygen. You are so kind to help her. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's tru, Mereknits. It really drains their energy. I didn't want to talk too long and exhaust her.

      Delete
  9. Glad to read that your friend is recovering, Stephanie. It must have been a very worrying time for her and those close to her. It's wonderful that you are there for her to talk with on phone. I hope you each have a safe Christmas that is filled with warmrh and kindness. MegXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is good for her that she feels better and I hope it will be day by day, but probably she needs time to be completely healthy.I wish her the best and for you feel well,Greetings and wishes a lot of health, joy and faith in better tomorrow and future,anna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year, Stephenie. Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete