Sunday, July 31, 2022

Hiking and Mountain Biking During Retirement

 


Having a regular exercise routine when you are retired is an important part of staying fit.  Health is key at any age.   I enjoy running my dogs along my bike on the Walkydog.  They look forward the daily exertion, and I enjoy the fresh mountain air, the gorgeous scenery, and an intense cardio workout.


Cooking and preparing your own meals goes a long way in fighting inflation and saving money.  Although I enjoy eating out when I travel, the rest of the year I save money by buying what's on sale at the grocery store, eating foods that are in season, and baking desserts when the weather permits.  Right now it's been too hot, but fresh pineapple, watermelon and sorbet are delicious substitutes.


I love these old cabins, their rustic fencing, and the wooden signs.  It all reminds me of how California used to be.  Things were simpler then; cars and homes were smaller, and people enjoyed spending time outside, doing chores.

Thank you for your comments; they add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please reply in English.  I'm sorry, but those with links will not be published.  Please answer in English.  If you enjoy the posts, I would love for you to share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.

8 comments:

  1. Such beautiful scenery, Stephenie. Sounds like you have this retirement thing down pat! Which is so good to hear! I retired in 2018 and have enjoyed my time since. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bless. It is. I think you really learn about your priorities in retirement.

      Delete
  2. I agree about regular exercise being important once we retire. It should become part of the normal daily routine. Often you hear about people who retire or have been laid off and they seem to have no plan on how to spend their time. I love pineapple and a good ripe watermelon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Anita. Routine really cements in behavior. I love to plan for the future.

      Delete
  3. Keeping active is so important at any age, but especially during retirement. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is, Jules. A healthy exercise routine makes all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Retirement is great, isn't it? Those views are lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's such a mistake when people don't plan for retirement, even if the plan is to continue with whatever one is already doing. That feeling of not being useful, when we have no direction - it's sad and crippling. Even a little plan helps.

    ReplyDelete