Saturday, July 2, 2022

Exhausted From Housework

 I have been pushing myself to do a better job cleaning my house lately.  Today I mopped the hard wood floors.  My home now looks very nice, but I am exhausted.  My body is aching from lugging the hose around to water the Jeffrey Pines and California Live Oaks.  I spotted my friend on her walk this morning and called out a hello to her.  "Your place looks great!" she encouraged me.  The trees really open up and shine after being watered.  They give off such a vibrant energy.  "It's so early," she added.  I have to start at 5:00 or 6:00 a.m. in order to finish on time.  We are on intense watering restrictions.  I planted some Cosmos and a strawberry plant this afternoon.  The Hollyhocks are in bloom.  They are my favorites.

I think I will do some easy and gentle yoga before bed.  The house painter who was supposed to come and give me an estimate this afternoon didn't show up or call.  That was disappointing.  It really needs to be done.  Hopefully he just forgot and will get back in touch with me.   I tried to call him, but his mailbox was full.

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please reply in English.  I'm sorry, but posts with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the blog, please share it.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated. 




10 comments:

  1. I hope the painter gets in touch soon. It is one of those things that really can't be neglected too long. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, too, Joy. I have an excellent plumber and handyman doing work here this week. It feels satisfying to get things done.

      Delete
  2. I've been watching the 'greening the desert' videos on you tube. It's a brilliant way to conserve water in very dry areas and well worth watching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cherie, We are up in the mountains. I use mulch and water when it is cool. Fortunately, these are established trees, but they definitely need to be on a consistent watering schedule. So many nearby have gotten sick and died.

      Delete
  3. I know exactly how you feel about being worn out by house chores in the summer months. I vacuum, mop and scrub bathrooms before the sun comes up in the summer otherwise, I am dripping with sweat before I finish. UGH. I hope the painter contacts you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the heat does zap us of energy. It sure feels good when it's done, though. Don't you love a clean house?

      Delete
    2. I'm sorry you are exhausted from housework, Stephenie. One reason why I break up the housework into manageable chunks is to keep from getting too tired. Some days, I feel energetic and I can vacuum the house in one go. Other days, I do it in 3 sessions, taking breaks in between! :D
      I hope you hear back from the painter in the next few days! I could do with a good handyman, myself! So many little things need doing!

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Bless. Yes, it is so energizing to have the handyman complete these tasks. I am very excited with the improvement. Such a relief. I think I found a new painter.

      Delete
  4. I love a clean house, too. And gentle yoga - it's so restorative. Thanks to reading your blogs I've been inspired to do (gentle) yoga before bed. And it's so lovely to do at that time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree, ratnamurti. The relaxation stays with you all night. I need to get upstairs and do my Thigh Master and Yoga now...

      Delete