Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Invited to Another Lovely Party

 


On Saturday I attended a fantastic party for a Broadway conductor that I worked with when I was twenty-two.  His wife and I were in the chorus together.  We got back in touch on Facebook, and they have invited me over to their gorgeous home on a couple of occasions.   I just love going over there; I always have such a fun time. 

I went around and took photos.  Everyone looks so happy.  My friend was thrilled when I sent them to her.   She said that I had gotten better ones than she had taken with her phone.  I wanted to contribute something to their gorgeous party.  I brought a bottle of wine and a bar of goat's milk soap, (with a birthday card.)


They had a delicious taco bar.  It was amazing!  I told the chef that it was the best Mexican food that I had ever tasted.  There were so many wonderful, artistic people there.  Conversations were rich and educational. 


My life in retirement has become much more social.  I enjoy meeting new people and talking with them.  I think traveling has taught me how to start conversations and interact with people I don't know.  This was a terrific group of artists.  

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but replies with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated. 

13 comments:

  1. How nice you are connected to your friends from your twenties, that would be a nice group of people at the party. Yes, in retirement we do have time and opportunity to be more social, and to spend time by ourselves too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's been wonderful. I have met so many interesting people at these gatherings, and when I travel.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I think mixing with like minded people is so healthy. My friend and I have named it 'finding our tribe'. It's nice to meet new people with different ideas and hobbies but there's nothing quite like mixing with people that share your interests.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, Cherie. I love being around other artists. They all had successful careers.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a lovely time at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds an amazing time - how wonderful for you all. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, Joy. And close to the cottage, too. A lovely fourteen mile drive...

      Delete
  5. It is so wonderful to have friends from a young age. Especially artistic creative ones, like yourself xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, ratnamurti. Yes, it is. The food and company was terrific!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like you had a great time, and how sweet of them to invite you to their home. It's always good when we can keep long time friendships.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree, Sandra. I had several interesting conversations with new people. They sure know how to throw a party!

      Delete