Friday, January 20, 2023

Snug and Warm Noro Socks

 


I finally finished knitting these brightly colored socks with Noro Silk Garden sock yarn.  They don't match because of the way Mr. Noro dyes the wool.  It was so much fun to knit with; I loved watching the vibrant shades unfold on my tiny knitting needles.

We received a welcome break from the rain and snow, and it has been wonderful.  The dogs and I have enjoyed riding the bike in the sunshine.  California looks beautiful and vibrant again.  The hills are so green, after all that rain.  


Today I did laundry and had my roots touched up with henna.  In order to cover grey hair with the paste, you need to leave it on for at least four hours.  I leave mine on for eight.  It's amazing how well the color lasts.  I love that there are no chemicals or dyes.

I picked up the white rabbit shawlette and fox fur that I bought at our local mountain vintage shop.  I had taken them to a furrier in Beverly Hills for mending, conditioning and cleaning.  They now look brand new.  I wouldn't kill an animal for a fur coat, but I hated to see these sitting on a hanger, unused.   What a waste.  They are so warm and soft.  I will keep them forever and take excellent care of them.

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please reply in English.  Those with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.


10 comments:

  1. Your socks are so pretty, Stephenie, and colorful. They look very warm, too. I also like the afghan you have on the rocking chair! Looks like you received quite a bit of snow! I think we'll have another spectacular display of wildflowers this spring with all the rain and snow we received.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Bless. They fit perfectly. Yes, they are warm. That afghan was my mom's...I brought it home after she died. I like it, too. As you said, the wildflowers should be fabulous this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your socks are fun. Noro Silk Garden is such a wonderful yarn to work with. I made a hat for my baby girl once, we still have it and it is so so soft and warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet that hat is beautiful, Christina. I was thinking the leftover yarn would be so cute for a hat or cowl.

      Delete
  4. What wonderful rain we have been experiencing. The flooding and mud slides were awful, but we do need all that moisture. Your socks are so pretty! I agree with you regarding vintage furs. I took very good care of my old mink coat before I sold it off 10 years ago. It went to "summer camp" at Neiman Marcus every year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, I didn't realize that Neiman Marcus stored furs. The furrier I use stores them, too. I will see how they do up at the cabin. How great that you were able to sell that mink. I got mine for a very reasonable price at Alice's Vintage Cottage in Wrightwood. She has several of them from estate sales.

      Delete
  5. I'd wrap that shawlette around my shoulders in my porch on a cold afternoon. Times are very different now but it's a shame not to use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like a little short sleeved jacket, Cherie. I have worn it out several times. The shop owner thought it was for a child. It's just enough over a little black dress or gown when out to dinner.

      Delete
  6. Your socks look cozy. I too noticed the afghan. It's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nil. They are. I love that afghan. I use it every day. My mom would be pleased.

      Delete