Saturday, May 13, 2023

Gardening Chores and Gorgeous Flowers

 


We had some snow in this month up at the cabin.  I was worried about my tulips and daffodils, but they did just fine, and are still standing tall and proud.  I love seeing the bulbs push through the soil in Spring.  Soon the purple Lilacs will be in full bloom.  Their fragrance is intoxicating!  They grow wild in our area.

Today I met with a man who owns a tree service.  His crew will trim a few of my trees to prepare for the warmer weather.  He told me, "We will make it look very nice."   I can tell that they will, and am excited to get it all done.  I pulled weeds last week and filled two large green waste bins.  I still have more work to do, but the most difficult portions are finished.  

Have you been puttering around in your garden?  What's in bloom?

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please reply in English.  I'm sorry, but those with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated. 

11 comments:

  1. Those tulips and daffodils look so pretty against the snow! And your hollyhocks are coming up nicely, too! Glad to hear that you will be able to get your trees trimmed. I need to get my eucalyptus tree trimmed this summer. I get it done every other year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bless. I think so, too. Yes, I am very excited to have the trees trimmed.

      Delete
  2. SNow!!! It looks lovely but in May?? Brrrrr
    Your garden sounds delightful and you will enjoy it so very much, I know. I'm looking forward to mine colouring up soon too. Things seem to be growing well. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Joy. We are up in the mountains, so it can still snow this time of year. Enjoy your garden and the flowers unfolding.

      Delete
  3. All of the gardens are full of growth right now. I fertilized almost everything on Good Friday (tradition here) which has really paid off. My lavenders are in bud and already smell divine. The butterfly bush is full of flower buds which all should open up in about a week with this warmer weather. The vegetable garden is also thriving. We are enjoying large fresh salads with lettuce, spinach, radishes and snow peas. All those winter rains have made spring gardening really easy this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful, Anita. Fertilizing everything makes such a difference. Your garden salads sound divine.

      Delete
  4. Snow. Eeeek. I'm glad we don't get snow in May. My garden is so pretty at the moment with a beautiful wisteria in full bloom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How stunning, Cherie. I love wisteria. The scent is heavenly.

      Delete
  5. I was quite surprised to see snow!
    I always enjoy seeing daffodils and tulips in the Spring.
    We are currently enjoying a mix of sunshine and a few showers, the garden is very appreciative :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan, So were we. I'm sure that rain and sunshine are making the flowers and soil very happy.

      Delete