Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Spending the Night in Santa Barbara

 


I dropped the dogs off at their boarding facility at 7:45 a.m., and arrived in Santa Barbara at nine-thirty.  My first stop was the zoo.  I had an appointment.   I had purchased my ticket by phone, as well as one for the train.

It's a gorgeous zoo.  It feels like you're in a lush garden.  I especially enjoyed the gorilla and giraffe exhibits.  There was a sweet red fox curled up tightly, sleeping on a stump.  I spent two hours at the zoo, then headed back to my car.  I had loaded my beach cruiser on the bike rack, so I was able to take a long and scenic ride along the stunning beach bike path.  I stopped at the pier and had a delicious bacon cheeseburger.   We had a great view of the kayakers through the window.

After checking in at the hotel, and enjoying some incredible food and conversation, I put on my vintage dress and headed to The Granada Theater.  My next activity was to see Anastacia.  The late choreographer was a dancer friend of mine, Peggy Hickey.  I used to stay at her house in Burbank.  She did a fantastic job.  The audience cheered for the ballet sections.  I loved the scenery and the music.

The next morning, I took the Santa Barbara Trolley Tour.  I bought my ticket online through Viator.  It was a fabulous experience.  The neighborhood near the mission was exquisite.  The homes are all Spanish style, like my parents had.  Our tour guide, Joey, revealed  several interesting stories about the residents and landmarks in Santa Barbara.  I can't wait to return!

Thank you for your comments; they add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please reply in English.  I'm sorry, but those with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear.  They are moderated.


8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful trip, Stephenie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bless. It was. There was no traffic coming or going, either.

      Delete
  2. Another fabulous trip! Thanks so much for sharing the wonderful photos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, PP. Santa Barbara has so much charm.

      Delete
  3. I loved wandering around the mission area of Santa Barbara and admiring all the old homes. We are house docents at 2 historic adobe homes here in San Diego and I have a keen interest in California history. We had scheduled a walking tour of the historic sites in Santa Barbara when we were there last, but the guide cancelled at the last minute. The trolley tour sounds like a good idea for next time. The zoo looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The trolley tour was a pleasant surprise, Anita. It wound through some beautiful neighborhoods. We saw the music academy where Burt Bacharach studied, the main street in Montecito, a mansion that may soon be open to the public, and other interesting sights. The trolley is very clean and quaint, too. I think you would really enjoy the zoo. It's artfully designed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing with us your Wonderful pictures of your visit, greetings

    ReplyDelete