Thursday, April 27, 2023

A Spectacular Stay at the Simpson House Inn in Santa Barbara

 I just returned from a lovely one-night trip to Santa Barbara.  It's only ninety miles from my cottage, and is an easy trip.  There was very little traffic up the green and lush 126 and 101 freeways.  Upon arriving at the hotel, I was offered a glass of homemade lemonade and chocolate chip scones, (which were served with scrumptious clotted cream.)  The variety of teas was impressive.  I chose an herbal ginger blend.

This was the flagstone pathway to my room.  The artistic attention to detail is evident everywhere you look.   The plants and garden were in full bloom.   The Mediterranean climate in Santa Barbara is ideal for landscaping.

This was the view from my balcony.  A couple I met who were from Pasadena told me that they love to lay out on these lounge chairs and read.  The canopy of the mature oak trees provides protection and shade.   The comfortable and high-end lawn furniture made me feel like I was at home in a castle.

This was where I sat for breakfast this morning.  The velvety red roses, sterling silver sugar dish, crackling fire, and floral view made it just charming.  The food was superb: fresh berries and banana slices, homemade pastries, granola made in their kitchen, and a hot entree.  I just ordered spinach, since I don't eat eggs.  It was delightful.  The coffee was amazing!  I lit up after taking the first sip.  At the Simpson House Inn they do everything perfectly.  Be sure to call the hotel directly if you want to visit.  

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please reply in English.  I'm sorry, but those with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.  

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful place for a stay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Bless. California at its finest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks absolutely fantastic. What a lovely place. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely, Joy. It has so much charm and character. I love the attention to detail.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi pelinpembesi, Thank you for reading and commenting. Welcome. The garden is so healing and relaxing.

      Delete
  5. Looks and sounds wonderful

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan, Thank you. It was. I am looking forward to returning to Santa Barbara.

      Delete
  6. It looks lovely. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jules. It's a fantastic bed and breakfast. I love the attention to detail.

      Delete
  7. Your pictures and words brought back some wonderful memories of our stay at the Simpson House Inn. The lemonade they serve is absolutely the best I have ever experienced. I think the addition of lemon zest to it made the difference. We sat at that exact table for our breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, Anita. The food was exceptional. I loved the Reisling wine and morning coffee, too.

      Delete