Monday, April 10, 2023

Cruising From Your Home City

 

If you happen to live near a cruise port, taking a cruise from your home city can save you money, time, and stress.  You don't need to book a flight or worry about it being late of canceled, and you can drive yourself to the port and park in long term parking.

I did just that a couple of weeks ago, on the Norwegian Bliss.  I found an affordable deal on a balcony room, and decided to cruise to Mexico for some sunshine and rest.  I needed a break after all of that snow shoveling last month.  


NCL did not disappoint.  The food was divine, I enjoyed the Vibe Beach Club, and Jersey Boys was spectacular.  The ship was completely full, so I used Vibe for a private sunbathing and jacuzzi experience.  I noticed that there were still plenty of deck chairs available near the pool, though.  

I checked out an engrossing book on Alaska from the ship's library.  Reading is so relaxing.  As always, Cagney's was my favorite specialty restaurant.  I love the filet mignon, creamed spinach, and bread.  Because of the dangers in Mexico, I didn't get off the ship.  There was plenty to do onboard; I entered the Miss Biceps contest, went to the gym, did yoga in my room, knit a pair of pink socks, walked the track, and swam in the saltwater pool. 

After disembarking, I drove home on the 405 freeway, and was on the couch, in the living room by 9:30 a.m.  A very convenient journey. 

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please reply in English.  I'm sorry, but those with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated. 


4 comments:

  1. It sounds like heaven on earth. I will be thinking of your fast, easy trip back to the house when I am flying across the globe for our next cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those trips, too, Anita. Each one has its positives and negatives. I look forward to hearing about yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful getaway! You deserved a little sun and warmth after all that snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Bless. The sun felt so healing and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete