Thursday, February 7, 2019

A Scenic Visit To Ojai, California



This afternoon I took a spontaneous day trip to the magical town of Ojai, California. It is only and hour and a half  drive from my cottage. I initially was headed  to Santa Barbara and Carpinteria.  Once  I saw the sign on the 126 that said, "Ojai 15 miles," I turned around and headed up the enchanting  Highway 150.   It's a charming rural  route through the hills and mountains. I took some photos to show you...


There was no traffic. February is an ideal time to visit California. The tourists are not here. The atmosphere is so relaxed.


There is a light dusting of snow on the mountains. Driving to this location feels like you are going back in time.


There are lots of quaint, artsy shops. I didn't see a single fast food place or chain store. All of the boutiques and restaurants have so much color, charm,  and personality.

T

This little pizza place on the outskirts of town has lovely outdoor seating. The Euryops were in full bloom. The wise old oak trees provide a comforting canopy.

I took so many photographs! I'll post more of them tomorrow. Lula came with me, and we had a fabulous time.  It was a quick adventure. It's so energizing to go visit new places and to change your routine. I am so fortunate to reside in California where there are so many scenic treasures. 

Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them. 

12 comments:

  1. It looks like a beautiful town. I love visiting little towns where there are no chain stores. Though it's not very easy to find such places nearby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, Nil. I plan to do some more local travel very soon. It's inexpensive if you bring your own food, water, and coffee.

      Delete
  2. its a wonderful thing this internet. i get to travel with you on your adventure and see wonderful beautiful place on the other side of the world that i know i will never be able to see in person. your photos are lovely - thank you for sharing with us. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela, You never know, maybe you will. Life takes fascinating twists and turns...

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to seeing some more photos, its good to get out and about for a break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Living Simply. It sure is. It's exciting to explore new places.

      Delete
  4. wow, it looks like a very pretty area!
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Selena, It really is special. I love the charm of the older homes. The oak trees give it such a peaceful vibration.

      Delete
  5. It looks so quaint. I love exploring towns and villages. Looks like the weather was good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tania, Yes, the weather was perfect. Day trips are so much fun, and you still get to sleep in your own bed.

      Delete
  6. Goodness-I have not been to Ojai in 40 plus years. We have a light dusting of snow in our local mountains as well. With this clear air it looks so close. Looking forward to more photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anita, It's so pretty there. I plan to visit more often; it's so close to me. I bet your mountains look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete