Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Snow On The Mountains in Los Angeles



Yesterday afternoon I took the bus to the library, and there was snow on the mountains!  I wish I had brought my camera with me, because the sky and the clouds were absolutely stunning. I was awestruck by how clear and beautiful it was.  The clouds were perfectly white and fluffy. The rain really cleared away the smog.

I've been using my French press to brew coffee the past few mornings. I normally make cafe au lait, but have decided to switch to regular coffee  for a while. I think it will be healthier for me to have less milk. I thought I would miss the rich espresso, but am just as happy with freshly ground vanilla nut coffee. It may save me a little money, too. As many of you know, I am a passionate coffee drinker. This weather has been making me want to drink far more than I normally do.


Here is a photo of the blue Carbeth sweater.  It's knit with Alafosslopi yarn. I love the way the stitches swelled and transformed after blocking.  My neighbor took the picture for me. I went over to her house yesterday afternoon and picked up some sourdough starter. I have never made sourdough bread. Have you?  It will be fun to try.

Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.

16 comments:

  1. You will love the sourdough! It's not difficult but is delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lady Locust, I am looking forward to trying it. I love the flavor, especially dipped in soup.

      Delete
  2. I also love coffee, but I normally have a cup tea in the morning. I drink coffee once or twice a week. 😊
    I love your kettle. Is it an enamel one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nil. I got it at T.J.Maxx. It's by Chantal. I think it's enamel. It's very well made.

      Delete
  3. Love how the sweater looks on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sweater looks so cosy.
    No I have never made sourdough, I keep thinking I should try.
    We have fresh coffee everyday brewed in the cafetiere, we don't drink instant anymore as we prefer fresh ground.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Living Simply. It is warm and comforting. I prefer freshly ground coffee, too.

      Delete
  5. The sweater is gorgeous and the colour really suits you.
    I'm looking forward to reading how the sourdough turns out for you. I've never tried making it but I'd quite like to give it a try myself now. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules. I love this shade of blue. It's so vibrant. I hope you try making sourdough.

      Delete
  6. I haven't tried sourdough but really must some time. The sweater looks beautifully warm and cosy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cherie, With your baking skills, I'm sure you would make an excellent sourdough. This wool is amazing. It really holds in the heat.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful sweater! I know, there are times I don't bring a camera and wish I did! I love coffee too...I really look forward to it. I used to use a French press a lot and even got a neighbor hooked on it. Now I use a Keurig. (I am lazy about cleaning the press). I made sour dough bread once, long ago. Once you have the starter it is easy. It is nice you got one from your neighbor! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sweater is beautiful and the color works well with your complexion. I like the hat too!! We can see the mountain snow from here as well. I remember years ago our dear friend who is a photographer for the San Diego Union took a photo of the snowy mountains from downtown San Diego. The shot included San Diego Bay which made a fantastic perspective. It was on the front page of the newspaper. I have never tried sourdough mostly because our house is so chilly I am afraid it would not thrive. Eagerly awaiting posts about your efforts with it. How are those cute chickens?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, Thank you. I am wearing it again today. That photo that you described sounds gorgeous! One of those sweet chickens just passed away. It was so sad. I will write about it in a future post. The other two are strong and healthy. The sourdough bread came out pretty well. I will post photos of it today.

      Delete
  9. Hi Andrea, My friend in ?Reno introduced me to the French press, and I immediately went out and bought one. I think I will knit a coffee cozy for it.

    ReplyDelete