Monday, June 15, 2020

Floating On A Raft At The Lake

the office, snack bar and gym are little cabins
 
The country club membership has been such a gift this year.  I am so thankful that my name was pulled as a new member.  It's  the perfect location to hang out in the summer.  I love spending a few hours a day there.  The kids seem so relaxed and happy.



As I was walking down the shady street, I noticed that some of the homes have a cherry tree or two planted in the front garden.  They are really spectacular looking.  Something about the colors with the pine trees and mountain backdrop really go well together. 


This majestic old home has a gorgeous stone wall built in front; I always admire it.  I have uncovered pieces of this same rose quartz on my property.  The color is so unusual and pale.  I love how it looks as a wall.



As you approach the country club, the tennis courts come into view.  The mountains and trees provide heavenly surroundings for the tennis players.  

I tried using my bicycle pump to blow up my raft at the lake, but was unsuccessful.  A few kind people attempted to help me, but it didn't work.  I decided to just inflate it  the old fashioned way, blowing it up with my mouth and lungs.  It didn't take long, and sunbathing on the float was very enjoyable.  The weather was perfect.  I took a short swim, too.  Once home, I warmed up with a hot bath and a cup of freshly brewed Italian Roast coffee.  The views out on the deck were pristine.  Mountain life suits me.  Where are you happiest?

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.

18 comments:

  1. I need to be beside the beach to be really happy. I love the look over the ocean and the sky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah...I love the beach, emw. It's so expansive. I can't wait to go again.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely place, Stephenie. Such beautiful scenery and surroundings.

    I know it sounds trite, but, I'm happiest wherever I am! :) I've lived by the sea and had a home in the mountains and now I live in a valley; I've lived in the tropics and where it snows; I've lived at home and abroad. I do prefer a warm climate to a cold one, but, I am happy wherever I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will always be happy, then, Bless. I definitely find that my location influences my happiness. I love being at sea, too.

      Delete
  3. How beautiful it all is.
    I think, like Bless, I am happy wherever I am. It's nice.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic, Joy. I am very sensitive to my surroundings. I love to be in places that are clean and beautiful.

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful place you live and enjoy. I am truly happy here on this little Island that we now live, surrounded by the sea and all its beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful, mm. Yes, I love it here. The scenery makes my heart sing. Being surrounded by the sea sounds awesome.

      Delete
  5. I love being in a semi rural position that is also 3 miles from the coast. Best of both worlds! It certainly sounds like you're enjoying mountain life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am, Frugal Three miles from the coast is ideal. I bet it would be fun to bike there.

      Delete
  6. It sounds like you've found your bliss! What a lovely place to be and to enjoy. Apart from our home and little neighbourhood here, with all its gorgeous trees, my favourite place in all the world is an island, just off the coast here, called North Stradbroke Island (or Straddie for short). I have been going there now for more than twenty years and if I could stay forever I would. MegXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, Meg. Straddie sound marvelous. Maybe you will live there someday?

      Delete
  7. I think I'm happiest at home. Either here, or at Mom's (I still think of it as 'our' home - my parents's and sisters').

    The country club looks like a calm and beautiful place to relax.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Nil, Yes, I know what you mean. I am a homebody, too. The country club is fabulous. I just love it there.

      Delete
  8. The little cabins are so quaint! Yes, you are very lucky to get the country club membership! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to live near the sea, North Cornwall is our favourite place to be but I don't think we will ever manage it now. You live in a wonderful place, Stephenie, so beautiful and relaxing. It looks a healthy place to be with all the fresh air and exercise :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am happiest around my new grand daughter; beside the sea; atop of hilly ranges.I also love being in my home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. After your termite saga floating on a raft on the lake at the town country club sounds like just the ticket. Wow-those are some beautiful homes.

    ReplyDelete