Saturday, October 3, 2020

Dog Day at the Country Club


 Today was Dog Day at the country club.  Lula and I had a fantastic time.  It was so entertaining to watch all of the different dogs playing and swimming happily together in the lake.  It was really dog heaven.  There were tennis balls everywhere.  Lula was so excited and vocal.  She paddled like her life depended on it.  I was in the water with her until one of the dogs squatted and pooped.  I had made sure that Lula did her business before we got there.  They are draining the lake for the cold season after Dog Day, anyway.  Maybe I'll put a swimming hole in, up at my cabin.  Lula is such a water dog.  She didn't want to stop playing ball, and slept deeply during her long nap, after we arrived home.

While watering my pines and oaks, I chatted with my sweet neighbor about posting "No Trespassing" signs.  I put them at each entrance to my land when the evacuation warning hit.  I discussed some concerns with my insurance agent and he replied that the signs  do help.  The main thing is, you don't want a hazard, like a broken sprinkler on your property.  He said that the best thing you can do to prevent problems with suspicious individuals is to maintain the property.  That makes sense.

My neighbor mentioned  that she had seen some adults and kids walking on my land.  There have been some locals I know that have sneaked on it at times, too, but I caught them.  ( I have photographs.)  It's too bad that some people take advantage, but I'm prepared.  I don't let things slide when it comes to my safety, my home, or my animals.  It's so important to take the steps you need to take in life when your boundaries aren't being respected.  Documentation is everything.  My sweet neighbor is also a hard working woman who owns her own beautiful home.  She lives with her mom, who is one fabulous lady.  We stick together; she's really a great ally.   

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.  

 

18 comments:

  1. I think it's very rude to walk onto someone else's properly without permission unless you are a genuine caller. I guess that's a disadvantage of having more land. I hope the signs help.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so, too, Joy. Whenever I'm out walking, if I see those signs, I make sure not to cross the boundary.

      Delete
  2. Oh, that's so nice that Lula got to enjoy Dog Day at the club! That's interesting that they drain the lake during the cold season.

    I just don't understand people who trespass on other people's properties. I certainly wouldn't do so, knowingly, and I can't imagine why others would. It's good that you and your neighbor have formed a friendship; good to have an ally. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bless. I don't, either, Bless. My dad used to tell me, "Virtue is its own reward." I've found that to be true.

      Delete
  3. So nice to have good neighbours. The dog event sounded like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, mm. I have several excellent neighbors. The dogs were in dog heaven at Dog Day.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like fun for Lula! We have an umbrella insurance to cover our property if anyone got hurt on it. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an umbrella policy, too, Andrea. I just wanted to be sure that I'm not liable for someone who has done this repeatedly, after speaking to them.

      Delete
  5. Dog Day at the club does indeed sound like canine heaven. Like Lula, our Labrador just loves water. We take him to the river where he can paddle to his heart's content. MegXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun, Meg. I wish I had a river nearby; there are some nice streams on our hiking trails. Maybe I'll take her to the dog beach sometime.

      Delete
  6. Dog Day! That sounds like a lot of fun. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting that they drain the lake for winter. I can just see Lula splashing with her doggie friends. It is wonderful to have friendly neighbors. Yours sound like very nice ladies. Are the leaves starting to turn up there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are, Anita. The reds and oranges are so pretty. I thought of you the other day at Mt. Ada. It was magnificent.

      Delete
  8. It is important to feel safe and have someone living close whom one can turn to. Your sweet neighbour sounds like somone who has your back. I now have a fantastic landlord living right next door who does so much for me and who is so generous. I am so grateful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been very easy to make friends here, ratnamurti. I have so many neighbors that I really like. It's like a big adult camp, in a way. There are lots of happy kids, too. The nature is so great for them.

      Delete
  9. The pictures of the area around your home seems like such a nice place to live. Seems very relaxing and calming (with the exception of the fire times). Too bad about the trespassers. I do think those signs will help. Whenever I go for a walk somewhere nice like that, if I see a sign that says private property no trespassing I never cross it. But if the signs aren't there I wouldn't know what is part of the property. Perhaps some people don't know? But the signs will help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They help with people like you, Kari. It's just that unfortunately, not everyone thinks like you do. I like your attitude, though.

      Delete