Saturday, October 17, 2020

Ninety Trees Trimmed

Over the last few days I had ninety trees trimmed on my land.  Phew!  It looks so clean and beautiful now.  It's amazing how alive the property feels with all of that dead wood removed.  I stayed home and kept an eye on the workers.  It was exciting to see the men complete the contract.  They are very dedicated.

One of the pluses from all that trimming is  that I now have lots of firewood to burn this winter.  They stacked it neatly in piles for me.  I have been carrying it up to the cabin and  gazing at the  crackling flames each morning and evening.  I hung my mom's feminine lace curtains in the window next to the brick fireplace.  Flanked by a 1920's hand painted antique lamp, it is a really artistic look.  I just love the old styles.  I've never gotten into the modern decor that is popular now.  

The smaller branches were put into the chipper and spread as mulch.  The supervisor told me that my trees are healthier and greener than  many of the ones that they do, because I water and mulch them regularly.  It means extra time and effort, but is so worth it.  As I water in sections, I keep an eye on my trees and all that is happening.  That's important when you own land. 

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated. 


 


20 comments:

  1. 90 trees! That is quite a forest! I am glad you are looking after them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, emw. I love the feel of it. The tree trimmers did an excellent job.

      Delete
  2. I’d love to see your yard. Do you have fruit trees around the cabin?

    I too had two trees trimmed. A friend did that for me and I helped with cleaning. It was a lot of work. 90 trees must have needed a big crew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's nice of your friend to help you, Nil. There were three men and a supervisor on this crew. It took them three full days to clear the area. It feels completely different now. I love it!

      Delete
  3. Wow - this makes me feel so joyful, knowing that the trees are being cared for and they have provided firewood for the winter. It feels so cosy and caring.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. It feels wonderful to use the wood and take care of the trees and the earth.

      Delete
  4. Well it is a win-win! Your trees are nice and you have plenty of wood....a good feeling! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love the feeling of stocking up the wood pile, Andrea.

      Delete
  5. That's a lot of trees, well done. At least the wood is keeping to warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's excellent wood, Frugal. They chopped it up in pieces that are comfortable for me to lift and move.

      Delete
  6. Wow-trimming ninety trees sounds like a very big job. How long did it take to finish? I bet your cabin feels so cozy and safe with a fire going and your lovely things all around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a huge job, Anita. They worked almost three ten hour days. It does feel really cozy now. Decluttering and donating the seller's old items and adding pretty vintage decor has made it so charming.

      Delete
  7. That's a lot of trees, it sounds like a proper forest to me. How wonderful to live on a property surrounded by trees, I'd like that very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, too, Christina. (especially the oaks.) They feel so old and wise.

      Delete
  8. Lace curtains are beautiful. They just make me think of gentler times. I am so glad that those trees have you to take care of them. They must have seen a lot through the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cherie. It is a relief to have all of that dead wood removed and chipped. I love taking care of the trees.

      Delete
  9. Wow, 90 trees! Very nice to live somewhere like that. And have a fireplace to keep warm during the winter. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a lot of trees to trim! How wonderful to have the trimmings cut into firewood and stacked for you! You're turning your cabin into a home, with all the personal touches you are adding to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels really homey now, Bless. You're right. I have been decluttering the seller's stuff, and it feels great.

      Delete