Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Having the Deck Stained

 Now that the trees have been trimmed, it is time to stain the deck.  I hired a crew to sand it down, stain it, and put on a sealant that will protect it during the snow.  They started prepping this afternoon.

I am excited to see how it looks, once the work is complete!  I love the brown color that we chose.  It feels good to be getting the home maintenance done  for the cold season.  

I have been sitting by the fire reading library books.  Last night I watched "A River Runs Through It,"  directed by Robert Redford.  What a magnificent film!  It made me want to visit Montana.  The scenery is gorgeous!

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.   


16 comments:

  1. Snow!! I imagine that it is lovely to live where there is snow. Do you ski?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so pretty here, ratnamurti. No, I don't ski. I would love to take a ride in the chair lift, though. Cross country skiing might be fun.

      Delete
  2. I agree, it is a lovely feeling when we do things to maintain or improve our homes. An investment in our future.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, Joy. We are fortunate that the weather is ideal right now for the deck to dry.

      Delete
  3. You are getting a lot of work done around your home! I am sure the deck will look lovely when stained and sealed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. That has been my focus. The man who built my cabin did a beautiful job, and I really want to keep it well maintained.

      Delete
  4. I love to see a project when it's finished. The deck is going to look gorgeous for you once it's all done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am excited to see the end result, Cherie. It looks so pretty today, after they pressure washed it.

      Delete
  5. I was wondering what you were up to since the last blog entry. I bet your deck will look wonderful once the sanding and staining is complete. Very smart of you to take care of the wood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anita. It's gorgeous wood. It will need upkeep, but I enjoy seeing the work being done and the end result.

      Delete
  6. You are very smart in your repairs and up-keep! A good book and movie...what more can you need for entertainment! (Plus I'm sure Lula is there laying near you!) Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea. I need to have the deck stained while the weather is still warm enough for it to dry. The forecast looks good.

      Delete
  7. It seems strange to be speaking of snow after the threat of the fires, doesn't it. Your deck should look beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gotten much colder already, PP. I love having a crackling fire in the fireplace.

      Delete
  8. We have timber decking on our verandahs, Stephanie. Staining it is a big job but it always looks great and protects the timber too. MegXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's true, Meg. I love the look of the wood. Your verandah sounds beautiful.

    ReplyDelete