Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Enjoying the Weather

 


It's been an incredible week-Lula and I have been loving the sunshine!  The flowers are blooming, and soon the huge oak trees will be leafing out from their dormancy.  There are clusters of daffodils everywhere.  They add so much cheer and color to the neighborhood.  I love how they look surrounded by carefully structured stone walls.  

I've been watering the cypress, pines, and fruit trees.  Everything looks so healthy at this time of year.  Lula and I took a gorgeous hike together this morning.  We stopped at a bench for a short break and a snack.  There were just a few other hikers on the trail.  All were friendly and happy.   Everyone was enjoying the gorgeous vistas, pleasant weather, and fresh air.

On the way home, we sat by a stream and listened to the soothing sound of a nearby waterfall. Lula crunched on some snow laying on the embankment, and eagerly devoured her dog biscuits.

If you enjoy free or inexpensive hobbies, you spend far less money. (especially in retirement.)  I'm looking forward to a bike ride later this afternoon.  The longer days are inspiring.  Summer is on its way!

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.

12 comments:

  1. How lovely. There's a real atmosphere about your post - it made me feel - happy!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joy. That makes me happy, reading your post.

      Delete
  2. I love this time of year when mother earth is waking up from her winter sleep. The freshest green leaves start to unfurl and I can peep through the branches at crystal blue skies. Summer is on the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is, Cherie. I am excited about the garden. Time to plant some seeds. I think I should wait till after Mother's Day up here, just to be safe.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful day out, nothing beats a day spent in nature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, mm. The weather is absolutely spectacular. It's nice to feel that optimism again.

      Delete
  4. It sounds like you and Lula are really enjoying the change of seasons. It has been beautiful down here as well. All the seeds I planted in our summer vegetable garden have started to sprout up and we are starting to harvest the first lettuce leaves. So yummy! Spending the day outside, hiking or gardening, is my favorite way to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting, Anita. Lettuce is one of my favorite vegetables to grow. It's so easy. Being outdoors is so healing and invigorating.

      Delete
  5. Your pomegranate tree is so full of flowers, already! Sounds like you've had a wonderful week, Stephenie. Hope you continue to enjoy the sunshine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You, too, Bless. That's an old photo of the pomegranate tree. It hasn't bloomed yet, but soon it will.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how you described it. It made me think of ASMR, which to be honest I'm not into, BUT it made me think of it in terms of how people say it makes them feel. Calm and relaxed. The image I have of this in my mind makes me feel that: relaxed and calm. Brings a smile to my face.
    Sounds like such a nice hike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kari,
      I don't know what ASMR is. Anything that makes you feel calm and relaxed sounds good to me.

      Delete