Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Trusting Your Intuition During the Pandemic

 This morning I read in the news that they are halting the Johnson and Johnson virus, due to blood clots found in a handful of the women who received it.  I am so glad that I decided to wait to get the vaccine.  I signed up, but when I received my call a few days ago, I got a knot in my stomach   My intuition warned me to wait.  The texts I received were very high pressure.  I felt uneasy with the tone of them. 

My sense of foreboding  specified that the brain and the blood were involved.  I really noticed that having Covid in November of 2019  affected my short term memory.  It has improved over time, but right after recovering from the virus,  I was very concerned.    One morning I took a shower, and realized that my towel was wet.  I had no recollection of already taking a shower.  It was a shock.   I could relate to many people's stories of being disoriented.  I also have noticed that friends of mine who have HIV develop a dementia that is similar.  Since the Covid virus contains the AIDS virus, I worry that the vaccine could cause these issues in people.

We all have to do what is best for us, and I am not trying to influence anyone.  I have just noticed an intense pressure from the media and some people to hurry up and get vaccinated.  I'm not so sure.  My mother died shortly after developing a blood clot in her leg following heart surgery.   I know how serious blood clots can be.  Her treatment for it at the hospital was also traumatic and horribly painful.  My dad said she was screaming like an animal, and that you could hear her all the way down the hall.  Hospital workers can go into a panic in these situations.  She was given no anesthesia.  It's different when the doctors and nurses have a treatment that's fine tuned and polished, and everything goes as planned.   There is a lot of doubt and confusion right now.  The answers are not consistent.

My father had problems with his platelet counts when he contacted a rare form of blood cancer.  Without blood transfusions, he went downhill very quickly.  Once he stopped treatment,  he died in three weeks.  

I plan to still take all the precautions.  I ignore the people who make sarcastic comments to me about wearing a mask.  One  lady even accusingly told me, "That mask doesn't do any good."  I pointed out that the number of flu cases has dropped dramatically.  I told her that I wasn't interested in fighting with her about it.  

There's a lot of corporate and financial pressure to reopen businesses, but I wouldn't be surprised if we experience more lockdowns.  Some things can't be rushed.  Everyone's body chemistry is so different.

Has your response been okay if you have had the vaccine?  I appreciate people being vaccinated,  I just don't feel comfortable doing it myself at this time. 

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.


16 comments:

  1. One has to weigh the pros and cons with just about everything, I think. That is what I did when I chose to accept chemo and radiation treatments for my cancer. They came with potential risks in terms of long lasting side effects (as well as the short term ones), but, they were risks I was willing to take in order to increase my chances of survival for another 5 years, maybe even 10. I have now survived for 5 years and I am hoping to have another 5 more. Are my current side effects (osteoporosis, etc.) worth the treatment and the extra years they gained for me? For me, and for my daughter, they are. That is the same thinking I used when I chose to be vaccinated against Covid. I checked off just about all the boxes for being in the highest risk category for not surviving Covid if I were to come down with it. For me, getting the vaccine was the right decision. Yes, it comes with risks, but, in my opinion, nothing in life is 100% risk free. So far, just over 1 week after my 2nd dose, all I've felt in terms of side effects have been a sore arm and a slight fever on the second day. Hopefully, that is all I will experience. If not, I'll consider it as my contribution to medical science and knowledge! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, Bless. I had to weigh the risks when having my hips replaced, as well.

      Delete
  2. I have had the vaccine and feel so much more confident about going out whilst still taking all precautions, face mask, washing hands keeping distance. We all need to do what is right for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we do, mm. I'm glad you are feeling more confident after having the vaccine.

      Delete
  3. I had the AstraZeneca vaccine in February. We are encouraged to take precsutions regardless of whether you have had the vaccine. It's the sensible thing to do, as the virus keeps mutating. I had no side effects. The 45-49 year olds have just been asked to come forward for their jab. The response has been do great that the we site crashed repeatedly. Personally I believe in vaccines without them we would still be living in fear of Diphtheria, TB etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had several other vaccines with no problem, Frugal. I just feel different about this one, for me, personally.

      Delete
  4. Your life, your decision, but I choose to beleive the science. I am getting a vaccine as soon as it is offered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. My life, my decision. Your life, your decision. I respect your point of view.

      Delete
  5. It's sensible to follow your intuition. Only you know your body and you are taking every precaution to avoid being infected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cherie. It's always steered me correctly in the past.

      Delete
  6. Follow your intuition! Wearing a mask, keeping your distance, and washing your hands with soap and water (vigorous washing!!) will help stop the spread. I had no ill effects from my first Pfizer shot and hopefully will have none after my second one tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always do, Anita. Just read another report in the news today of a man in his forties who had a stroke after receiving his vaccine. So glad that you have done well with yours. My brother died from a stroke at 49, and it was such a shock.

      Delete
  7. Everybody has their reasons why they'll get amd why they wont get the vaccine. I got the vaccine and my dad, who lives with me, chose not to get it. I wish he would, but I respect his decision. I had absolutely no problem with it, I got the Moderna. No side effects other than the sore muscle. My sister was the same. But I have friends and co workers who got pretty sick unfortunately. They recuperated and are Ok now. We all do whatever is best for us. 💚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kari, Thanks for sharing your experience. It must be awkward when members of the same household have different views. It sounds like you respectfully disagree.

      Delete
  8. First time commenting I would proceed with caution especially if you have doubt. As for me and my husband in our later 60s we are choosing not to get it. I don't trust this vaccine at all. Or big pharma
    I go the natural route with much research first. I chose not to take drugs for osteoporosis when I was in my 40s. Taking vitamin bone builders. I have no regrets. Husband and I eat healthy and just vitamins for us no drugs so far. Thank god. Thank you for your blog it's great to hear other opinions

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sharon, Thanks for reading and for commenting. I understand how you feel. My gut has never failed me. The video below and the comments posted by medical professionals really echoes my feelings. I don't take any drugs, either. It's amazing how they've become a way of life for most seniors. There's a lot of money involved. I appreciate your kind words.

    ReplyDelete