Thursday, November 3, 2022

I Had the Mountain Cabin Stained


 I finally found an excellent crew of painters to stain my cabin.  They were worth the wait.  Many locals paint theirs, because paint lasts for years.  I just love the look of the natural wood, though.  You have to have it reapplied more often, but to me it's totally worth it.  

They pressure washed it, used some chemicals to bring out the beauty of the wood, and then applied a natural-colored stain.  It's beyond what I had imagined.  I had been worried about the winter snow causing damage, and now the house is prepared.


I took the bedside lamp in to Alice's Vintage Cottage in Wrightwood, where I bought this set.  The handle felt stripped.  She took it apart and fixed it for me.  Now it's working perfectly again.  These are hand painted, and I love them.  Those are my mom's lace curtains in the window.  I gathered them up with some of her other treasures after my dad died.  I think she would like this room...

My mom used to have antique lamps all over our home on Edinburgh Street.   I begged her for one, but at thirteen, she said I was too young.  She was afraid I would break it.  They change the whole mood of a room.  I love to put the night lights on when it gets dark.  It creates such an atmosphere. 

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please reply in English.  I'm sorry, but those with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated. 

13 comments:

  1. This looks beautiful. I can smell those pines. Where is your cabin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Debbie V. It is in Wrightwood, California. Nice to see you here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color of your cabin. That rich "wood" color is my favorite. Good choice in my opinion. It turned out beautifully. The lamps do add a cozy feel to the room don't they? Bet it's just gorgeous up there right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lady Locust. The stain if from Australia. It works really well. I love the shade, too. Yes, the lamps really are high art. I love to gaze at them and sit by the fire.

      Delete
  4. The cabin looks great and I love how that room looks with the pretty lamps and the lace curtains. Very cozy and warm. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bless, I accidentally called you Anita and deleted that comment. Thank you. The dogs and I just love it up here. It is the ideal place to sew, knit, read, cook, bake and write. The views and wildlife are spectacular!

      Delete
  5. The cabin looks lovely. I agree about staining the natural wood. Your room is so cozy with those beautiful lamps and the lace curtains. Get any snow yesterday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anita. I'm so pleased to have that bedside lamp fixed. She didn't even charge me. Yes, we had a dusting of snow, and it has been cold!!! Right now it's 55 degrees inside with the fireplace insert roaring. It was 17 degrees today up at Table Mountain. I use the space heaters now and then to assist. The flannel sheets and electric blanket from the 1970's are still in excellent condition. The preious owners used to only come up here on the weekends.

      Delete
  6. Your cabin is gorgeous, Stephenie. And it looks so cosy and welcoming there.
    It must be reassuring to know you are prepared for winter now. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jules. I absolutely love it! It's gorgeous, inside and out!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you, Nikki. Their hard work made all the difference. I love the nature up here. Thank you for reading and for commenting.

      Delete